• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

txt documents messed up...Notepad problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

for some reason, some of my text documents don't open and it brings up the open with....but other text documents open right up with notepad. When I go to file extensions and restore the .txt, none of those files will open. How can I fix this so windows gets it straight again? I'm not sure how it got messed up, but I can't run Clockgen on startup because it makes the computer freeze....

I'm missing some things here... Why does clockgen require txt extensions to be operating correctly in order for the application to run?

When you say you "go to "file extensions" and restore the .txt", describe how you do this please.

What sort of txt files are these... Are they ones you create or are they ones associated with certain programs or describe where you are trying this at/from.

Clockgen was requiring those because I had it in ghost mode, so it would overclock automatically on startup. When I go to tools -> folder options -> file extensions under TXT it says TXT File, while on this computer(roommates) it says Text Document. Both mine and his says opens with notepad. Under change though, his says Advanced while mine says Restore...If I press restore, it messes up and they are all unable to open...

Back