• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One-Click and client 5.02 note.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Hey Folders,

Just a quick note that the latest version of the One-Click, which has version 5.00, will automatically upgrade to versoin 5.02. This is a Stanford thing, nothing that I did, so there will not be another version of the One-Click coming any time soon.

However, there are some notes about the previous version. By default, bigpackets is on and -advmethods is off. This seems to be the reverse of what most people want so you will need to change these in your new borgs.

The bigpackets is an easy one-time edit of the client.cfg, just change the option to "no", save, and every borg there after will have that disabled if that's what you want.

The -advmethods flag though will have to be changed manually in the registry for every borg you want to use this option on. You can read about the flags and how to adjust them in "The Ultimate FAH Install" sticky.

w00r to the fold.
Wedo

Cool. Could you please change the link in the install guide sticky to the version 5 one click. Some of the newcomers are installing version 4 instead. Thanks :)

-Andy

we need to keep both. they way i borg some of my rigs i am finding that the version 5 and 5,02..which now get auto updated..seem to be getting me real bad results..as in the the borged machines end up not staying around long...I have gone from 33 to 13 in about a month and a half..the 13 I have are still useing the 4 version. is there something that might be uncompatable with 5.02 or is it the BP deal?

hi,

i am sort of new to folding, so i have questions about big packets.

after reading about big packets and -adv, i have decided to enable both. on my rig#1 i have p4 3.6c with 1gb ram so it should be enough. on my rig#2 i have xpm2600 @ 2530 with 512mb ram.

now, i was able to turn on the -advmethods flag in the registry. however, i couldn't find the bigpacket option any where in the client.cfg file. here is what i have:

[settings]
username=homer77
team=32
asknet=no
machineid=1

[http]
active=no
host=localhost
port=8080
usereg=no

[clienttype]
type=1

[core]
priority=0
cpuusage=100
disableassembly=no
checkpoint=15
ignoredeadlines=no

can you point out where i can find it or i might have to add it manually?

currently i m running the 5.0.2 version.

Fizzle, sounds like a bigpacket thing. Go into the client.cfg and change it to "no".

Homer, you need to download the new One-Click with the new client.cfg and edit your name and bigpacket entries. It looks like you are using the client.cfg from version 4.

I just d/l the new One-Click version and installed it without removing the older version. Will that over writes the older version? In other words, will the system be using the new version from now on?

I didn't it won't continue my previous fold, just lost the last job with 76% completed :(

I updated my daughter's Shuttle XPC to client5.02 and copied my BP "yes" config over from my Xeon box. I chaged the ID number in the config back to what the old one was. I then added the -advmethods flag in the current control set FAH reg key. This week I'll be up to 5 BP clients when my RAM gets here today or tomorrow.

I haven't had any issues with 5.02 clients except when running BPs with insufficent system memory.

5.02 clients will score you the higher production proteins with the -adv flag enabled. Furthermore, you can also get your cpu cycles on the bigpackets WU's (if you have the RAM available) which should also increase your production over the 4.0 client.

I've got 4 of those bad boys on my Xeon duallie and one on the Shuttle. Even with 1 gig of RAM I only have 200Mb free.

It seems with -advmethods you also increase the likelyhood of picking up DGromacs. Only my -advmethod clients get them lately.

Wedo said:
Hey Folders,

Just a quick note that the latest version of the One-Click, which has version 5.00, will automatically upgrade to versoin 5.02. This is a Stanford thing, nothing that I did, so there will not be another version of the One-Click coming any time soon.

My one click 5.0 has not upgraded to 5.02.How long does it take for it to upgrade? Maybe it did but it still says 5.0 in the log.

Melhisedek said:
How much more RAM will v5.02 take from v4.0 ( I think I have that one ) Right now it takes barely 20MB

with two instances on my 2.8C it can take up to 260 mb (thats the highest iv seen)

stratcatprowlin said:
My one click 5.0 has not upgraded to 5.02.How long does it take for it to upgrade? Maybe it did but it still says 5.0 in the log.

mine hasn't wither and it's been that way for 2 weeks or better now....whats up fellers?

If you run -advmethods and BP's it will upgrade faster than without. If you have both of those features enabled, upgrade it manually by changing the Parameters in the registry and downloading the new client.

does upgrading it manually give better points? im confused...

and to upgrade, what parameters in the reg do i change? do i need to do anything else?

Back