• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proof this.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

Okay so I cracked the core on my 5700 with my new water block and so I decided to replace it with a 5700U, with my surprise and all these new pciE cards out right now not onlly havce the ultras gone down in price but now they have DDR3!

So is this a good deal. Seems to be, I think that $150 really is my limit, and I really should be spending in the $110 range, so please don't suggest I should spend $50 for something else.

Also what can I expect out of the core with water cooling? And I expect that I can hit a 1ghz on the ram, and then have a 6800, but with the slow AGP 8X slot. Thanks for you advice

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=14-122-192&DEPA=1

sorry I dont have any info for you.. but dont wanna wait for the 6600? its suppose to be around same price right?

wait!! Im using a TNT2 right now! there isn't any waiting going on around here!

Besides, I remember that it had ddr2! it was like a 600 clock ussually, of course eggy does sell old stuff some times!

My last 5700 I expect was previopuly an ultra cause it didn't have the stadard 250/400 , it was like 310/490 or somthing like that, higher than it hwould have been.

Oh well, I need to buy a new one is this a crappy coinmpanyny or anything?

I've got the exact same card, bought it less than a month ago, shard helped me pick it out. I was doing basicly the same you were, $150 limit. The only downside to it is it won't use the NV Silencer 2, since it doesn't have RAM on the back of the card, which screws up the way it get's secured.

I'm currently overclocking the card to 530/1.05 vs. the stock speeds of 475/950. This has very good stock cooling, so I don't think you'd need the NV Silencer 2 at all, unless you were volt modding or something. I've had it top out at 535/1.05. I haven't really bothered to push the RAM any faster, just because it kind of worries me, but I'm guessing I might be able to get it up to 1.07, or even 1.08.

Just be sure you have hte room in your case, this hard is quite big. Just about the same size as the PNY TI4400 128MB card AMD Phreak has, but it's really worth the $150.

I've been able to play Doom3 with high medium settings and 1024x768, even at stock speeds. I just recently upgrade my RAM from 512MB to 1GB and RAM really does help out. I'm playing at 1024x768 and high settings now without any problems.

I would go over to the for sale or trade forums and try to pick up a used 9800pro for 150 if i were u. I have a roomate that has one of the 5700 ultras and I have to say for a new card... they suck.

Have you looked into the 5900 range? Especially the 5900XT, with very slight OCing it beats the 5700U :)
Excellent card, I would have gotten it if I didn't get the 6800.

Okay, now I'd say save for a used 9800pro. Glad I got my card when I did. Looks like newegg has discontinued it :(

Back