• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P4 3.2E to OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KVWire

Just installed my new 3.2E into my P4C800-E Deluxe. But my Idle temp is 45C before I even start. Is this normal? How high should I push the temp?

Thanks.
KV

Although there are a couple of people on this forum using a Zalman to cool their Prescott's it wouldn't cool my Northwood to what I wanted it too. Just watch that your temps don't go over about 60C under load. You might need to get a better heatsink. I myself like my Hyper 6. Check my sig it cools very well for me.

Also flash you bios to 1015 and you will get the 14multi and you can start really pushing that BH-5 ram you got :D

Thanks. I think I'll see what I can get with my Zalman, but I'll watch my temps. If I don't get up to 3.6 then I'll buy the Hyper 6.

KV

KVWire said:
Thanks. I think I'll see what I can get with my Zalman, but I'll watch my temps. If I don't get up to 3.6 then I'll buy the Hyper 6.

KV

No problem. Some people will try to talk you out of the Hyper 6 cause it's heavy and you have to remove the mobo to install it. But I bought a XP-120 thinking it would cool better than my Hyper 6 and it didn't. My Hyper 6 cooled about 3-5 degrees C better than the XP-120.

Without a voltage increase I got up to 3.69. Seems solid. I'm going to test the stability of this speed. No temp increase. Not bad

KV

Edit: Actually it's now running at 44c. It dropped a degree.

KVWire said:
Newegg, OEM, SL7E5, Costa Rica, 3414A756 (not sure what the last # is)

KV

why, isnt that the best cpu on the planet ever made for the 478 socket? hehehe....

if you have problems overclocking that to above 4 ghz, i would be VERY VERY surprised, given the exact cpu you have.

But my Idle temp is 45C before I even start. Is this normal?

Depending on your room temps I would say yes this is normal.

With a SP-94 and the duct mod ( see my signature) my cpu runs at 42 at idle and never exceeds 54C under a heavy load . these temps are with a system temp of 34c to 35c

Dave

I have a 3.2E SL7BB Costa Rica got it from newegg last week.It is on a A-Bit I 7 Max 3 it will overclocked to 3.8 fsb is at 238 at 16 multi my idle temps are at 55 and it will hit 74 under a load running 3dmark PC04 it scores 5900 my memory is PQI 1 gig running 2.5,3,3,6 at 1:1 my fan is a Thermaltake P4 Spark 7+

YES IT IS HOT AS HELL :temper: I am looking for a good watercooling setup now.But I think it will overclock alot more after I get wc but are air I think it is a pretty good oc

=AG=Racer9 said:
I have a 3.2E SL7BB Costa Rica got it from newegg last week.It is on a A-Bit I 7 Max 3 it will overclocked to 3.8 fsb is at 238 at 16 multi my idle temps are at 55 and it will hit 74 under a load running 3dmark PC04 it scores 5900 my memory is PQI 1 gig running 2.5,3,3,6 at 1:1 my fan is a Thermaltake P4 Spark 7+

YES IT IS HOT AS HELL :temper: I am looking for a good watercooling setup now.But I think it will overclock alot more after I get wc but are air I think it is a pretty good oc

hmm never heard of this sspec.. was it oem or retail version? you sure it wasnt sl7e5? thanks.

Yes OEM here is all the numbers

SL7BB
Costa Rica
3411 A716
4411 B134
03 model Intel 3.2

It is a CO stepping chip here is a CPU pic also it may help some

cpu.JPG

KVWire said:
Newegg, OEM, SL7E5, Costa Rica, 3414A756 (not sure what the last # is)

KV
Dayemmm...I don't care who WON or LOST the freakin' WAR!!!

This insurgent's goin' w/an SL7E5 for the 1015 BIOS trick.

I'm sold! 3.2 @ 3.7 on stock Vcore? 'Nuff said. And irrespective of the "location don't matter" theories, Costa Rican's always done good, by me. I'm done waiting.

I'm checkin' out Frys local stock tommorow, and maybe do a lay-away, if it means lockin' one up. Next week is too long for me to sit & wonder if there's an SLZE5 on thier shelves, just waitin' for some clueless OCphobic first-time builder, to snatch up for a stock build, using an Intel branded mobo!

(with all due respect to the newbies among us just starting out - we've ALL been there)

Strat

/me wonders how depressed I'll feel if I break my "no more credit cards" rule, just one more time.

Stratcat said:
Dayemmm...I don't care who WON or LOST the freakin' WAR!!!

This insurgent's goin' w/an SL7E5 for the 1015 BIOS trick.

I'm sold! 3.2 @ 3.7 on stock Vcore? 'Nuff said. And irrespective of the "location don't matter" theories, Costa Rican's always done good, by me. I'm done waiting.

I'm checkin' out Frys local stock tommorow, and maybe do a lay-away, if it means lockin' one up. Next week is too long for me to sit & wonder if there's an SLZE5 on thier shelves, just waitin' for some clueless OCphobic first-time builder, to snatch up for a stock build, using an Intel branded mobo!

(with all due respect to the newbies among us just starting out - we've ALL been there)

Strat

/me wonders how depressed I'll feel if I break my "no more credit cards" rule, just one more time.

hehehehhe good judgement.

My 3.0e is idling at 33c using the stock intel cooler today with a room temp of 19c.
Have spent all yesterday playing around with my fans setup have got my case temps idling at 22c and it wont go over 28c full load.

I am waiting for somewhere in the uk to sell the Gigabyte 3D rocket cooler to fit on my pressie, it gets very good reviews weighs half as much as the silent tower, and has a shroud thats supposed to help cool your mosfets and caps.

Back