• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS is the worst shipper ever...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewGuy143

...at least if you ship from usa to canada. Ive received a heatercore 2-3 weeks ago and today ive received somethng from them. They want 60can$ I think they are crazy. FYI 60can$ is 47usd, the heatercore is not even worth 20usd. Ill never pay them that amount of money when they didnot even ask for a signature and they did not tell me I would have to pay that much 3 weeks later. I am not going to pay them thats for sure, they have no way of knowing ive received it. My friend ordered something from them and he had to sign and give them money in hand. I was never asked to sign or to pay directly. They just hung it on my door handle, and anybody could have stolen it. Either they are just plain stupid or the guy that works for them in my area didnt do his job.
TheNewGuy

over and over and over and over and over..

i see this happen all the time.. i wonder if anyone and make a anti ups site??>...

Ill do it. Give me webspace. :) Still theyres no way im paying them, ill just tell them ive never received anything. And dont tell me i shouldnt do that because im not the stupid one they are stupid charging poeple money for things they invent. Why would they be the only shipper to charge these fees???
TheNewGuy

Maybe DHL will give them real competition. I know their delivery times are shorter(Im sure there are times/areas where this is not possible). We have not been offered pick-up service...yet.

I HATE UPS too. One time I ordered a $60 SP-97 and the imbecile dropped it off one block away from me to another house. Luckily, the woman sent it to the right address which was WRITTEN ON THE BOX! Jeez, what's this world coming to?

i've got an rma coming from pny that is due at my house any minute, and apparantly i have to pay ups $48 for it... any idea why this is?

What they want is called duties. If the item is not listed as a gift under $40.00 you will pay them, period. Any shipper will want them so don't blame UPS. And yes the delivery guy in your area didn't do his job. He/she should not have left the package there unless money was given to him at delivery.

i've got an rma coming from pny that is due at my house any minute, and apparantly i have to pay ups $48 for it... any idea why this is?
COD for work done. It will not be delivered if you don't pay it.

Any time something goes from the US to Canada there is the possibility of import duties and brokering fees. These are the law. It's not the shipper screwing the customer over, it's the govornment. As for paying for an RMA, that I think is too much. The border duties and such were initially paid for when the product was originally imported into Canada, it should not be paid a second time just to get one working product.

David Coleman said:
Have you ever delivered 500+ packages in 8 hours?

Ok then.
If they can't handle it.. they shouldn't do it. Don't tell me that EVERY company on this earth has a easy task to do, all real-world jobs are demanding. Not a very good excuse at all. They get paid to do their job right the first time around.

Actually ive paid them but I still think its unfair to make me pay 60$ for somehing thats worth 30$ and on which was written gift and value: less than 20$. And btw if you ship using usps from us to canada there are no such border fees.
TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy143 said:
And btw if you ship using usps from us to canada there are no such border fees.
TheNewGuy

Close, but not quite, IF customs decides to open the package and inspect the contents they will charge you, even via USPS.... it has happened to me twice. But thats a lot better than the 100% for sure charge from a courrior.

BTW... for anyone who doesn't know, you have the legal right to contest the charges if they charged you on an incorrect amount. You must provided Canada Customs and Revenue agency with proof of amound paid and they will make up the difference, also if you recieve an item and its DOA, if you proe you shipped it back they will refund your duty fee. I sent in a printout of my paypal invoice of one of my transactions and got a check back from the gov in less than 2 weeks :D

SilverJag said:
If they can't handle it.. they shouldn't do it. Don't tell me that EVERY company on this earth has a easy task to do, all real-world jobs are demanding. Not a very good excuse at all. They get paid to do their job right the first time around.

That was to refute the general laziness claim I quoted, not to excuse misdelivered packages.

Welp thought I would share my hatred of UPS today. I had an item shipped to my house. Says it is delivered but the box is no where to be found. I live out in the county on a hill surrounded by no one. Either the UPS driver went to the wrong house, or didnt even deliver the item.

Now it is time to sort the item out with the seller from Ebay. This is going to be interesting. :(

UPS is unionized which means a few things. 1) they are well paid and have great benefits 2) they are protected against unscrupulous company policy 3)they cannot be fired or at least it is VERY difficult for them to be. The heart of the problem lies in #3. This is also why the quality of Ford, GM and Chrysler products have gone to crap while Honda and Toyota routinely kick their butts.

Back