• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Say hello to the car that feeds us.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackrungh

Well, I must say thank you to the fine people at Pontiac for making this car, but jesus is she ugly. Feast your eyes on all her glory, the 1977 Pontiac Bonneville:

6d_1.JPG

5e_1_b.JPG

:attn:

Wow, you think that car is ugly? I myself prefer the little "rice rockets," but this here is a "G" ride and looks quite nice to me.

OMG! All this time I failed to put 1+1 together - its the same underpinnings as my 1st driver - 1977 Oldsmobile Delta 88! Definatly better than the other GM models based on the same chassis, although the rest of the 88's model-years had crappy grills. By FAR the best tail lights of that GM chassis, although the Bonne comes close.

Mine was red on red - HUGE interior with super-plush velvety bench seats, 3spd auto, 295lb/ft torque Chevy 350 V8. Boy would that thing grunt with a glasspack muffler and the aircleaner lid inverted! It also seemed to float on air with new shocks and tires. The upwards-facing paint may have been faded redish-brown and took FOREVER to give heat in the winter, but that was an awsome car. At the time, the twenty-two (22!!) gallon gas tank cost LESS than $20 to fill up (winter of 1998). Speaking of cash, I also made money off of it fixing by simply tuning it up (the seller was a dope). That car was tha S***! God does that bring back memories and faces. As that suggests, it has a huge rear seat - not just for helping to stuff 9ppl into it... :sn:

Back