• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.4e Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlterBridge86

Registered
Hey ya'll...right now i'm running 1:1 at 4.51ghz on my 3.4e D0 stepper...clocked amazing well, and its being cooled by my Vapo LS so all is nice and chilly.. either way, i do have a question...i noticed that when i tried to crank my FSB above 270 i began to see "Artifacts" on the screen...is my Video Card holding back my overclock? I have OCZ Gold PC4000 memory with the DDR Booster for added voltage, so the memory as far as i know is rock solid...i'm wondering now what is really holding me back...any help is appreciated! Thanks!

PS
My video card is a piece of crap...GeForce FX5600 256mb...can't even break 1000 in 3dMark03...lol...Thanks for the help!

Hey, thanks for the reply...i do have some pictures...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU-Z Info - btw, the 1.52v is an inaccurate reading, its set to 1.875 in the bios but is in reality at 1.50v due to the droop mod...the CPU-Z reading is just messed :p...either way, here are the pics...
cpu-z.JPG

cpuarith.JPG

cpumulti.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, upon some further testing, i noticed that when i cranked my Memory up to 270mhz at 3.3v through ddr booster it got a bunch of errors in Memtest86...so maybe my memory is holding me back as well...but i still think its strange that i began to see artifacts since i'm not overclocking my video card...btw, the AGP/PCI bus is locked, so that shouldn't be the problem either...Maybe some DDR600 will run 1:1 with this proc :) Either way, any other ideas? Thanks for the help!!

Yeah, like stated a couple posts above, I'd try a divider, and might even consider gettin rid of the booster thing. Either way, 270 is gettin' up there for 1:1 PC4000. Ya' gotta' lot of stuff goin' on here. Plus, I've heard of the Hi FSB 1:1 mem artifact prob on i865PE mobo's, but never on an i875PE.

BTW - Baby, at 270 1:1 and 1.7Vagp, I'd bet that NB getts pretty freakin' toasty! How's the N.B. cooling holding up? Mine (passive) just 'barely' passes the 'finger test' at 257 and 1.6Vagp (when doing heavy memory intensive tasks)! :eek:

No artifacts though. :cool:

*whew*

Strat

yeah, i'll give the divider a shot...the reason i got the whole booster in there is simply because my mobo doesn't give above 2.85v to my ram...and it needs 2.8 according to OCZ to run at 250, so i figured that the booster was kind of necessary...i'll try out a divider, see what it'll get up to, i really prefer to keep it 1:1 for constant use though, more real life speed increases are seen that way even if the clock is slower...as far as my NB, I had a Koolance EXOS watercooler on my CPU before i got the vapochill, so i now have my Koolance cooling ONLY my NB - keeping that nice and chill. Anyways, i'll check back in here tomorrow with some results of trying a divider. Thanks for the help and suggestions!

AlterBridge86 said:
btw, the 1.52v is an inaccurate reading, its set to 1.875 in the bios but is in reality at 1.50v due to the droop mod...the CPU-Z reading is just messed :p...

Did I understand correctly? You set it to 1.875 in the BIOS? :cool:

Which stepping/s-core is the chip?

LOL...woopsie...its a Prescott...i meant to say i set it to 1.4875 in the bios, not 1.875...that'd kil it! lol...its D0 Stepping also, which, as far as i can see, kicks *** :)

Back