• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Tubing for Watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We'll I haven't got my WC together yet, but the price difference between ClearFlex vs Tygon makes ClearFlex the better choice. 10ft for $10.75 shipped off of mcmaster and I'm happy with it so far :D

I use clearflex60 0.5" on both of my systems and have no problems kinking or otherwise. Roommate has some cheap 0.5" tubing off of Home Depot and those were very inflexible.

Has anyone tried that primoflex stuff? UV or not I thought that it was supposed to be as good or better than tygon. But I believe it is the same price as tygon so if it is really a decision between clearflex and tygon then I suppose it doesn't make a difference...

Tygons got my vote. I bought 7 feet of it...very good! No kinking to a certain extent of course. But overall the best tubing I'd have to say. I'm extremely pleased with tygon tubing.

from mcmaster.com
all are 1/2"ID 3/4"OD 1/8"wall
5231K375 (clearflex 60) - $.65/ft - bend radius 3 3/4"
5233K68 MasterKleer - $.57/ft - bend radius 1 3/4"
5103K17 Tygon - $3.93/ft - bend radius 1 1/2"

some say masterkleer has a 'bluer' tint to the tubing.
Personally I'm very happy with it. been using it for a year now with PushOn barbs I get at work. No problems here.

I was using tygon first when I started water cooling, nice stuff easy to attach and bend, from econmical point of view I switch to clear pvc 20feet for $4 in hardware store, both work the same, tygon kinks if not put in nice loop, that's the only advantage of tygon is easier to shape

johan851 said:
As for elbows...if you're using small ones, I would avoid them. I do use a couple of elbows in my system, but they're designed for 3/4" tubing and the ID is 5/8", I think. Those work just fine.

That is what I was thinking of doing but has anyone else used oversized elbows or should those be avoided just as much as 1/2"?

JT

azianese said:
Has anyone tried that primoflex stuff? UV or not I thought that it was supposed to be as good or better than tygon. But I believe it is the same price as tygon so if it is really a decision between clearflex and tygon then I suppose it doesn't make a difference...

I just picked some up so that I could redo my rig in my new Stacker. Current setup is using 1/2" ID Clearflex 60.

The Primoflex feels much softer, there's more of a "rubbery" texture to it. It bends nicely and it feels like it gives less resistance on the tighter bends. With my clearflex, I'd notice the tubing trying to push back to a straighter line, which isn't good if it's putting that strain on mounted blocks.

So far the only thing I dislike about it is the way animal hair seems to stick to it like a magnet. :bang head

Back