• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my watercooling is rubbish ... please help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

broono83

i am running very hot in watercooling. Currently 59*C and rising ... I have a Enheim 1048 pump at 600l/h. A copper waterblock (i haven`t lapped it - how do i do this?). Its held down as firmly as it will go. My radiator is a fusion cool with two 120mm fans and 2 system fans. I have put arctic silver on. HELP!!!???:confused:

i have tightened the bolt as far as i can, i also put artic silver on. what else should i check for the seating? Any other ideas??

i thought that as well, could this cause the huge temperature?, how do i lap my waterblock. it isn`t reflective, it is quite scratchy and dull. will this make a big difference also?

Lapping will help, but there's a point where it won't help you anymore. I read somewhere that using anything finer than 600 grit sandpaper to sand the bottom of the block could actually hurt performance a bit.

And take your block off the CPU and shake it around a bit. If you hear any sloshing around, you probably have air bubbles.

Finally, here's a way to check to see if you're getting good block-CPU contact. Touch the block while the computer and pump are running. If the block feels warm to the touch, it's doing its job. If it feels cool, you have a problem.

Finally, here's a way to check to see if you're getting good block-CPU contact. Touch the block while the computer and pump are running. If the block feels warm to the touch, it's doing its job. If it feels cool, you have a problem.

Yeah.. this is what I was basically saying. Its not so much as how tight your clamp is.. rather how good of contact you have between the block and the core. Sometimes the block can be held up by some unseen obstruction and not actually make contact (good contact, anyway) even though the clamp feels quite tight. Double check it to be sure. Its the most common cause of high temps, I would estimate.

James

Back