• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is It True?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xhacking

Registered
i was checking out alienware the other day, and in the editing specs for you to design a system it allows you to select a hard drive, one of the hard drives was 400GB IDE, i never knew these were around, is it true or did alienware make some typo.

You can get the 36GB raptor for $69 after MIR at outpost.com, now if you buy two and have a raid config. you will be much better off. Did you want to buy from Alienware??? build it yourself and have fun and save..... :)

Its the feeling of upgrading to raptor from normal 7200rpm drive (ATA100 8M)
as good as upgrading to normal 7200rpm drive (ATA100 8M) from 5400rpm drive (ATA33 256K)?

tom10167 said:
Just in case any of you guys forgot, 400GB is about six times larger than 74gb, and half the size and hassle of two 36GB drives.

everything depends on if you are going for speed or size.

mata2974 said:
I will go for speed any time

most of the time it just all depends on what you are storing. if i had a ton of music and movies, there is no reason to put that onto a fast scsi array... that is just a waste of money. that sort of stuff doesn't need fast load times...

i imagine you already were thinking that, but you get the drift... :)

Back