• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Ultimate FAH Network Install is born...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
QuikSilver said:
Do you mind if I use this for another team (11314)? :cool:

Not at all, it's "open source." :D

Like I mentioned above, there are problems with the install on domain networks, so I'll have that fixed soon.

FAH_WW, whoops, adim/owner, not just "regular poster." :D

ROFL :D - I'm just as regular as the next guy, hehe - there are a lot of others who do more for the site then me, I just provide the domain, server and attempt to keep the software going that end - most of the others help out actual folders a lot more than me, although sometimes I get involved there.

As the weather now seems to have taken a turn for the worse, I reckon I'll spend a bit of time testing upgrades on my site, maybe it will work :)

Ok I tried this as it was and it didn't really work.

I am on a domain don’t know if that's why.

So here's what I did.

I tried it as is, to a single computer and checked the computer.

It seemed that the reg file was not importing.

I checked the script and saw

for /f "delims=," %%I IN (computer.txt) DO regedit.exe /s "\\%%I\C$\Program Files\FAH\FAH.reg"

Well this line looks to me that it would take the reg file from the other computer and import into the local machine of the computer I was installing from. It did :eh?:

So I did some searching and found a tool that allowed remote registry importing (to import the REG file to the remote machine).

It's from Sysinternals and is freeware. It's called SysExec.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psexec.shtml

So I added the file to the folder where the script is, and changed the line from:
Code:
for /f "delims=," %%I IN (computer.txt) DO regedit.exe /s "\\%%I\C$\Program Files\FAH\FAH.reg"

to
Code:
for /f "delims=," %%I IN (computer.txt) DO psexec \\%%I -s -i -d %windir%\regedit.exe /s "\\%%I\C$\Program Files\FAH\FAH.reg"

I also commented out the line to delete the reg file.

It works perfectly now.

I had been putting off this borg of a few machines just because I didn’t feel like doing it manually.

Thanks again Wedo. :attn:

Wow, this is awesome Wedo. I'm still working up the courage to ask my college's nazis... I mean admin's if I can load F@H on some of the computer lab rigs. They have like 20 or so and that would be awesome. They have Deepfreeze on them though, so I have to ask the nazis for permission and then have them unlock every pc so I can install it. Big pain in the butt. Oh, speaking of new programs. Is that Beowulf cluster still possible? or is it a distant dream.

Back