Is this the right section to ask this question?

Hey, my friend says he has a SM bus controller problem on his AMD Athlon XP 3200+, I'm wondering what to do or where to go to get this driver.

They don't generally need drivers the BIOS handles it. If you mean it doesn't work with the monitoring software he wants to use, then look for plugins for the software to support that SM bus device, if that particular piece of software doesn't support it at all, look for an alternate application. If it's SiSoft Sandra reporting it, ignore it. If he has a true problem, it could be a BIOS bug in which case his motherboard manufacturer may have an upgraded BIOS to handle it. Also issues with the manufacturers monitoring utils should be taken up with the manufacturers, maybe also they might have an updated app.

If he's using speedfan, try motherboard monitor (MBM) if he's using MBM try speedfan.

regards,

Road Warrior
    Folder in disgrace. Folding rigs may be back online eventually, just as soon as real life gives me enough breaks.

Black Belt Ubercloxx0r

"Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous Folders have fallen or may fall into the grip of OCAU and all the odious apparatus of [H]ardOCP rule, we shall not flag or fail."

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fold on the Newcastles, we shall fold on the Northwoods and Prescotts, we shall fold with growing confidence and growing strength on Venice, we shall defend our Forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fold on the Winchesters, we shall fold on the Bartons, we shall fold on the Applebreds and Thunderbirds, we shall fold on the Coppermines; we shall never surrender!"