• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dMark 05...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
when 3dmrk05 comes out all these new cards are gonna end up with scores of like 6000 again I can just tell!

yep, we'll go back to seeing the movies jerk along at like 7-8fps in places like we did when 03 came out (and at the time I had some seriously aging hardware) :D

I was really upset when i saw my geforce 3 that stoof victorious over 2001 start chowing when the space marines in 03 nailed it... about 4 fps

lol, my gf4 nearly had a heart attack when the trolls lair and mother nature test came up - wasnt uncommon for it to just give up....

I find it immensely humourous, and indicative of the times we live in, that Futuremark continues to release new versions of its benchmarking software periodically.

I'll admit my heathen beliefs; I stopped caring about how my machine stands up to other people's machines in synthetic benchmarks a few months ago.

I see synthetic benchmarks as good for stability load testing, and comparing your own hardware against your own hardware to see how big your theoretical performance gains are after doing some overclocking.

I don't really see the merit in treating overclocking like a 'competition', or promoting it as such in any way.

personaly i like to see what my card is capable of... you know we went a very long time before anything looked like 03

Back