Registered

Experiences with Firestix?

Does anyone have experiences with the buffalo firestix?
    How are they on AMD64? From the reviews I read they don't sound that great. Any thoughts?

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger
    Does anyone have experiences with the buffalo firestix?
    How are they on AMD64? From the reviews I read they don't sound that great. Any thoughts?

For the money, it seems like you can do much better... that stuff is expensive for what you get..

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykar
    For the money, it seems like you can do much better... that stuff is expensive for what you get..
    Unfortunately, they are replacements for my RMA. I just wanted to know how high can I expect them to hit?

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Which RMA...B/T PC3700???

I only got B/T PC4300, yours have the red heatspreaders and mine don't. These are basically the same, made with the same Hynix BT-D43 chips. You'll probably get 260, maybe 265, but with typical Hynix timings. I've gotten so burned out on the B/T stuff after the PC3700 that I haven't even tried my sticks. Its Hynix BT-D43, so I pretty much know what to expect from them and since my lifetime warranty hasn't run out yet, I'm in no hurry.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness
    Which RMA...B/T PC3700???

I only got B/T PC4300, yours have the red heatspreaders and mine don't. These are basically the same, made with the same Hynix BT-D43 chips. You'll probably get 260, maybe 265, but with typical Hynix timings. I've gotten so burned out on the B/T stuff after the PC3700 that I haven't even tried my sticks. Its Hynix BT-D43, so I pretty much know what to expect from them and since my lifetime warranty hasn't run out yet, I'm in no hurry.

hopefully since they tout the firestix as performance memory it is binned a little better than the other stuff. cause the pc3700 micron left a bad taste in my mouth.

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Don't get too exited.

I just ran across this a little while after I posted above. It is dated September 2004. They were able to get these DDR500 sticks to DDR510 (255 fsb). Not exactly tons of headroom is it?

But at least they look good in red.

http://www.subzerotech.com/index/mod.../id/200/page/1
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat