• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Experiences with Firestix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warmonger

Registered
Does anyone have experiences with the buffalo firestix?
How are they on AMD64? From the reviews I read they don't sound that great. Any thoughts?

Warmonger said:
Does anyone have experiences with the buffalo firestix?
How are they on AMD64? From the reviews I read they don't sound that great. Any thoughts?

For the money, it seems like you can do much better... that stuff is expensive for what you get..

Strykar said:
For the money, it seems like you can do much better... that stuff is expensive for what you get..

Unfortunately, they are replacements for my RMA. I just wanted to know how high can I expect them to hit?

Which RMA...B/T PC3700???

I only got B/T PC4300, yours have the red heatspreaders and mine don't. These are basically the same, made with the same Hynix BT-D43 chips. You'll probably get 260, maybe 265, but with typical Hynix timings. I've gotten so burned out on the B/T stuff after the PC3700 that I haven't even tried my sticks. Its Hynix BT-D43, so I pretty much know what to expect from them and since my lifetime warranty hasn't run out yet, I'm in no hurry.

Reefa_Madness said:
Which RMA...B/T PC3700???

I only got B/T PC4300, yours have the red heatspreaders and mine don't. These are basically the same, made with the same Hynix BT-D43 chips. You'll probably get 260, maybe 265, but with typical Hynix timings. I've gotten so burned out on the B/T stuff after the PC3700 that I haven't even tried my sticks. Its Hynix BT-D43, so I pretty much know what to expect from them and since my lifetime warranty hasn't run out yet, I'm in no hurry.

hopefully since they tout the firestix as performance memory it is binned a little better than the other stuff. cause the pc3700 micron left a bad taste in my mouth.

Back