Thread: uv painting

Registered

uv painting

so my bottle of uv paint just came in the mail via svc today. since i'm a complete n00b to this, is there any advice to be had before I paint the agp/pci slots? (such as where to paint, or where NOT to paint) hehe i'm so excited to do this even tho its such a little mod. Are there any other conceivable places to uv paint? thanks

I'm in the process of doing this to my Soltek board right now. Painted the tops
    of the caps with glow-in-the-dark paint. (glows green in dark and UV) And the
    board chips are either blue or red. Also used spray cans to paint my SATA and USB
    cables with UV paint.

Always mask off parts you don't want to paint with tape.
    Whatever you do make sure you don't paint over the pins
    in the slots. If you do you'll have a heck of a time cleaning it out.

Good luck.

Registered
    yay thanks!

Paint the fans.
    In other words, look for shiny books.-Frodo Baggins
    OK Oni...I've told ya about rubbing David before. Keep it private, eh?-LutaWicasa
    I just caught myself putting my credit card into the DVD drive of my computer ... -ghettocomp
    LOL if I was sapphire I would leave ruby on there and take her shirt off instead...-Rattle
    What do you most want to accomplish with your life? Ban SilverSinkSam-cw823
    Ooo. that 1 comes with a mouse!-WarriorII
    last friday I got back from annual training and downloaded my duffelbags to my house.-SuperFarStucker
    Thank goodness the downtime was not any longer I almost got myself a life-UnseenMenace
    I live in a steel reinforced cave/bunker so unless he is on my list of bad guys to kill, I don't pay too much attention to politics.-TommyHolly

Registered
    whoa i never even thought about that. but then again i could save myself the time and just get uv-reactive fans.....

You mean paint the fan blades?
    Wouldn't that cause a balance problem?

SVC.com has some nice UV reactive fans. One 80mm glows bright enough
    to light a fairly large area. And they're quiet too.

I am using high lighter as UV paint : )

The uv paint on the fans lets you use a high power fan. If you look at the fans that are already uv reactive they are pretty weak. It causes no problems, I have painted cheep speeze fans to delta fans and none have caused me a problem.
    OK Oni...I've told ya about rubbing David before. Keep it private, eh?-LutaWicasa
    I just caught myself putting my credit card into the DVD drive of my computer ... -ghettocomp
    LOL if I was sapphire I would leave ruby on there and take her shirt off instead...-Rattle
    last friday I got back from annual training and downloaded my duffelbags to my house.-SuperFarStucker
    Thank goodness the downtime was not any longer I almost got myself a life-UnseenMenace
    I live in a steel reinforced cave/bunker so unless he is on my list of bad guys to kill, I don't pay too much attention to politics.-TommyHolly

you should (for the agp and pci slot) just buy these slot covers from svc.com

linky - http://www.svc.com/slotprotectors.html

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by z0n3
    The uv paint on the fans lets you use a high power fan. If you look at the fans that are already uv reactive they are pretty weak. It causes no problems, I have painted cheep speeze fans to delta fans and none have caused me a problem.
    True about the UV fans being weak. ... = quiet
    Wouldn't suggest using them for a OCed CPU for sure. They do make
    nice quiet case fans though.

Hey if quiets what you want then uv fans would work but he already has the paint so it would be better to just get any fans he wants and paint them.