• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uv painting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicEguY

Registered
so my bottle of uv paint just came in the mail via svc today. since i'm a complete n00b to this, is there any advice to be had before I paint the agp/pci slots? (such as where to paint, or where NOT to paint) hehe i'm so excited to do this even tho its such a little mod. Are there any other conceivable places to uv paint? thanks :burn:

I'm in the process of doing this to my Soltek board right now. Painted the tops
of the caps with glow-in-the-dark paint. (glows green in dark and UV) And the
board chips are either blue or red. Also used spray cans to paint my SATA and USB
cables with UV paint.

Always mask off parts you don't want to paint with tape.
Whatever you do make sure you don't paint over the pins
in the slots. If you do you'll have a heck of a time cleaning it out.

Good luck. :)

whoa i never even thought about that. but then again i could save myself the time and just get uv-reactive fans.....

You mean paint the fan blades?
Wouldn't that cause a balance problem?

SVC.com has some nice UV reactive fans. One 80mm glows bright enough
to light a fairly large area. And they're quiet too. :)

The uv paint on the fans lets you use a high power fan. If you look at the fans that are already uv reactive they are pretty weak. It causes no problems, I have painted cheep speeze fans to delta fans and none have caused me a problem.

z0n3 said:
The uv paint on the fans lets you use a high power fan. If you look at the fans that are already uv reactive they are pretty weak. It causes no problems, I have painted cheep speeze fans to delta fans and none have caused me a problem.

True about the UV fans being weak. ... = quiet :D
Wouldn't suggest using them for a OCed CPU for sure. They do make
nice quiet case fans though.

Hey if quiets what you want then uv fans would work but he already has the paint so it would be better to just get any fans he wants and paint them.

Back