• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me OC my desktop Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prozak

Registered
Hey guys,

I have my barton 2500+ @ 2.2GHz (2222MHz) at the moment but i want to push it to 2.3. BTW i have an enermax 350w PSU

ATM, my ram is at 2-3-2-11 w/ 2.9 volts, mobo chipset is at 1.7v and cpu at 1.75 in bios but is undervolting to ~1.71-1.72

I have a volcano 12 xtreme and even at full fan speed (loud as..) the max temp at 2.2 under load is ~45C.

its at 200x11 ATM but i want to try 217x10 to take advantage of my ddr434 ram

prime fails in about 5secs of running it and ivve given the cpu 1.9v before but prime still failed.

so my question is...have i reached the cpu limit or is there anyway i can OC it any higher?

thanks in advance

Why don't u try finding out your CPU and RAM's OC limit separately?

For CPU, set ur FSB at 200 (or any number u're sure it's stable), and increase the multi. Increase vcore as and when needed. Stop when you reach the max vcore and get a CPU temp ur not comfortable with (eg. Ard 1.9v and >52C). This would give u ur max clockspeed.

For RAMs, set multi to something low, eg. 9, and vcore to something decent. (Can be set abit high, so that u're sure it'd be stable and u'd also kinda be burnin in ur CPU) Increase FSB from 200 in increments of 5, with very relaxed timings, eg. 3-4-4-11. After u find ur max FSB, u may want to tighten up the timings.

Note: You can try a modded bios before tryin for the highest FSB.

thanks for your help TooOneBee

forogt to mention, my cpu is unlocked

11x multiplyer is prime stabel but 11.5x is stable for 15mins in prime

202FSB is stable w/ 11x multi in prime but even 203FSB becomes unstable after about 5 mins of prime

i tried 217FSB w/ 5x mullti and prime shat itself so i assume i cant go any higher on the FSB

note... i can play doom 3 fine at 2.3 (11x210) w/ ~ 1.8 v core

should i say screw...prime and eave it at 2.3

im only asking for this help because evrything else is fine EXCEPT for prim which fails at anything over 2.2ghz

BTW , can some one reccommend me a modded bios. id want one that can do 217xx10 multi...is this even possible or cant my mobo handle such a high FSB

can anyone help me!!!!

BTW im using stock Nb cooling w/ AS5 applied, volcano 12 exteme cpu cooling w/ AS5 and a blue zalman heatsink on my SB w/ AS adhesive applied all in a full tower w/ 2x 120mm and 2 x 80mm case fans. cooling aint a problem until i start using >1.8v on cpu

I assume ur usin the NF7-S listed from in ur sig? If so, head over to the ABIT mobo forums, they've got a sticky on modded bios.

I'm not sure which one's best, save that double-sided rams use CPC-off, otherwise for single-sided. Gonna post a thread there askin abt suitable bios myself, one of these days :)

Back