• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Drivers for mx440?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobmanfoo

Disabled
just got an BFG mx440se 64mb and was wondering which driver is best for this card. by the way this is one insane OCing card. just with thermal paste and ramsinks that are too small and my max OC with 0 artifacts is 370/540 vs the stock 270/400 :clap: TIA

Last edited:
My guess would be the last driver in the 4x.xx series... Usually the last driver for that generation card works the best, like the 56.73 drivers work excellent for my fx card.

I've used a couple of drivers from the 4x.xx's and finally settled on 43.45 for my 64MB GeForce 4 MX440.

blurry said:
I've used a couple of drivers from the 4x.xx's and finally settled on 43.45 for my 64MB GeForce 4 MX440.

I remember you saying that,but I forgot which set you settled on.Thats why I didnt mention it.

40.72 i beleive had NVIDIA"s "opitmisations" same with 44.03 - that is why they may "appear" to be the best.

Strange thing,My TI4200 and the 44.03's bench 3dmark2k1 the best.
Using the 56.72's I lose a thousand points.
The weird thing is I get much better fps gaming with the 56.72's.On all games.
So I stopped using the 4403's.

^^^ thas because the 44.03's were highly optimizes for benchmarking - i beleive they were the ones that started with the not rendering the entire scene, basically anything you did not see it would no render - wheer as ATI did and newer drives now do from NVIDIA since they got caught chaeating basically.

ive got a mx440, how do you overclock it? I've got an intel board, does that rule it out? I got the coolbits program but I've got no idea how to use it...

apply coolbits and it should be in the nvidia options, right click desktop- properties- settings - advanced- mx440 tab- clock frequencies

bobmanfoo said:
just got an BFG mx440se 64mb and was wondering which driver is best for this card. by the way this is one insane OCing card. just with thermal paste and ramsinks that are too small and my max OC with 0 artifacts is 370/540 vs the stock 270/400 :clap: TIA

wow, really nice OC bro... :attn:

mica

Back