• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DangerDen 6800 Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlterBridge86

Registered
Hey guys - I have my Gainward GeForce6800 Ultra GS on backorder right now and i'm looking to get a liquid cooler for it so that i can add it to my EXOS system...i liked DangerDen's new Nvidia 6800 Block since it does the memory as well as the GPU all with water...has anyone tried that block out and either experienced problems or good things with it? Please let me know. Thanks!

PS
The only things that would be on the watercooler are Chipset Cooler and Video Card - Proc is done by Vapochill as seen in sig...thanks!

arent the tubes in the EXOS systems pretty small? the DD 6800 block is 1/2 or 3/8" ID tubing only i believe...you could get an adaptor but it might be a bit much for an EXOS to handle

I have the DD cooler on my GT and I get temps around 42C load with clocks stable at 455/1.16 The tubes are 1/2" ID and I have a large commercial water cooling unit. I am not sure how it would work with such a small cooler.

yeah, the exos has 1/4" tubing..i was going to use a adapter...but is there a better coolor that you might recommend for my rig? Thanks.

Jst do what i do, take the smaller tube insert it in the larger tube and cut like 2 inches off the end of the smaller one. Then just use those metal clamps that use a screw driver to tighten with and clamp it shut. Its fairly easy.

To increase my water capsity i used 3/4 and 1/2 tubes, the smaller tube being on the ends of the barbs on my block and raditior and pump leaving about 2 inches of the smaller tube to work with. Then i stick the smaller tube inside the larger one and connect the dots, i then clamp all the connections

Back