• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA port 1 and 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyNics

Registered
heard that the sata port 1 and 2 isn't usable at high HTT (>230-240)
is that true? can anyone confirm this?

CyNics said:
heard that the sata port 1 and 2 isn't usable at high HTT (>230-240)
is that true? can anyone confirm this?

i have experienced this

sata 1/2 gave me 235-245 max HTT

sata 3/4 i could go up to 345htt.

Gl
-Jess-

Jess1313 said:
i have experienced this

sata 1/2 gave me 235-245 max HTT

sata 3/4 i could go up to 345htt.

Gl
-Jess-

so any idea why this thing happens?

and also..
A) let say if I run my HTT at 230, and 5x LDT multiplier, I would 1150 right (and 4 working sata port)

B) wouldn't that faster than running my HTT let say..at 281 and 4x LDT multiplier, which will result a clock speed of 1120?

assume we use an a64 3200+ for case A
and an a64 2800+ for case B, so that the CPU speed of both cases runs at the same speed.

just asking for some guidance before deciding which A64 I should go with , cuz I really need all the SATA ports :)

Last edited:
CyNics said:
so any idea why this thing happens?

and also..
A) let say if I run my HTT at 230, and 5x LDT multiplier, I would 1150 right (and 4 working sata port)

B) wouldn't that faster than running my HTT let say..at 281 and 4x LDT multiplier, which will result a clock speed of 1120?

assume we use an a64 3200+ for case A
and an a64 2800+ for case B, so that the CPU speed of both cases runs at the same speed.

just asking for some guidance before deciding which A64 I should go with , cuz I really need all the SATA ports :)

AFAIK its an issue w/ the NVidia sata bios, and i have heard that Oskar_WU is working on a new sata bios to try to resolve these sata Problems.

on the Htt thng, most of the time, i would say that the "fsb"(the final # after you do HTTxLDT multi, IE 1120) usually doesnt have that much effect, but the HTT, when ram is ran at 1:1, has a large affect.

i would venture to say, that if ram was ran at 1:1 that

270x2(540mhz) would be MUCH faster that 220x5(1100mhz).

Jess1313 said:
AFAIK its an issue w/ the NVidia sata bios, and i have heard that Oskar_WU is working on a new sata bios to try to resolve these sata Problems.

on the Htt thng, most of the time, i would say that the "fsb"(the final # after you do HTTxLDT multi, IE 1120) usually doesnt have that much effect, but the HTT, when ram is ran at 1:1, has a large affect.

i would venture to say, that if ram was ran at 1:1 that

270x2(540mhz) would be MUCH faster that 220x5(1100mhz).

my plan is to run my BH-5 ram at 230Mhz at 2-2-2-10 ..since that's the sweetest spot (without having to overvolt them)..and also hitting 2.5ghz range with the a64 that Im going to get..
there is no way my current pair of BH-5 can hit 270..even at 3.3v..
I know I can do higher HTT and use the ram divider to reach 230, but as I've said, I need all the 4 sata ports..so until oskar comes out with a fix, guess my current option is to get the 3200+ :)
thanks again :)

Sorry to hijack but I was wondering is there any performance differences from using sata ports 1 or 3?

as far as I know..nope..

even if it existed, sata port 3 and 4 should be faster than 1 and 2..that's if this issus existed

Back