• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oh man, which memory to buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hydrata

well, i'm finally looking at upgrading from 256 to 512 megs of RAM...you can see the specs of my ANCIENT system in my sig. i'm thinking i'm going to buy mushkin RAM and i know i want 512mb of pc3200. i'll only be running the RAM at probably about 180 some FSB at most. so my question is, should i get some cheaper mushkin ram like the value line or blue line and then crank up the timings on it? would that be feasible since i'd be running the memory at lower clock speeds?? or should i play it safe and spend the extra money or the high performance or registered RAM?? thanks.

another option is to look into the pqi turbo series, which have the sammy TCCD ics, and run 2-2-2-5@400!!
I believe a 512 stick will run you about 125 bucks.

what would be the point of the ddr500 you mentioned??? look at my specs, i don't need a huge thing, just something to hold me over until i build a new system, probably in the summer. and does anybody have an answer to my original question?

Back