• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Temp Compensation...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerileous

I know the NF7-S reports temps too low, i just dont remember how low and setting up MBM5 after a recent reformat, I noticed that i could set a compensation. How much should i compensate?

Too low? I'm pretty sure that you mean to high. Depending on the BIOS, it is usually pretty close or +5-10°C over. So I'd compensate by lowering it like 5°C. Although you'll know one way or another if your temps climb too much. Most people only look at temps in a general way and try to keep them under 55°C.

i mean in comparison to a real temp reading, like compared to a thermometer set next to the core.

Like I said though. The sensors are going to be variably inaccurate, so you might as well, just go by what the sensors say and take it with a grain of salt. If your temps get too high, then your overclock will destabilize, and you'll lower your overclock, which lowers your temps, and then it's stable again. Trust me, I have never put a thermometer next to my core and tried to tell the difference. A good person to PM would be @mdocer though. He knows a lot about temp variance on NF7's and the like.

na, i have a thermometor, its just a pain to attatch with my SLK. Ill just keep this under 50c thats been fine so far.

I have Merlin's d somethin another modded bios. While reading MBM, the temps are about 2º-3º lower then my temp. probe. I would say with the bios I have, it's pretty accurate. Definately reading lower, not higher.

Back