• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking and benching my 5800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

okay so its not an ultra but who cares it only costed $110!

Okay heres the deal. Coolbits maxes out at 600/1000 so I need to use powerstrip but I was having issues with it. But I will try again.

Also, how dependent is 3dmark01 and 05 on the cpu, im running an xp2000 at 200X9.5 on water

Aswell, how far are people pushing the cores of the 5800 with water? There arn't very many of them so its hard to tell. it seems most people are hitting about 1000 on the ram

Also, with the 5800 from what I have heard that if you turn off antilasing, and antiphosicly, all the effect it pushes frames better. Okay so I don't remember any of those long words, but my impression is that those are filters, and make crappy graphics look good! So if im playing a game like doom3, it would be better to turn those off, and then be able to up the quality in doom right?

thanks; and since my post is boring

whats a average oc on water?
how dependent are benchies on the cpu?
what about the effects of "filters?"

I have a 5800 that I use as a backup and I also maxed the memory out although I cant remember the max core oc. I havent tried it on water but I do remember it taking a big hit with AA or AF on. Its a good raw power card, but I think the 128b mem holds it back with the aa or af. I hear it runs doom almost as well as the 5900 cards. Remember that doom 3 was made for nvidia cards.

I just used the omni extreme edit to edit the bios on my 5800nu to 1.5V in 3d mode. I put AS5 on the core, and the load temps are 5-8 degres higher at 1.5 than 1.4 stock. Idle temps are about the same.

It did, however, increase my max core overclock to 560. Seemed like 540 was stable for hours at UT2k4 though. Also, popped off the ramsinks and found out it has samsung k4n26323ae GC1k, which are 1.8ns chips. Probably need to get some AS ceramique to put on the ramchips instead of the nasty thermal pad to get close to their 1100MHz rated speed.

whoever said:
okay so its not an ultra but who cares it only costed $110!

Nice price! I just picked mine up for a little less than that from ebay myself. Beats any card in that price range, that's for sure. Plus, you get a little piece of controversial history :)

Where are the benchmarks?

Would love to see them, and drivers used.

Please find out which drivers work best for benchmarking, and which works best in gaming. I guess gaming will have to be put into two catagories, being older games and newer games. There might be one that works well with farcry, and suck with doom 3.

Actually I have attained my highest benches with the 61.77 drivers. I just got 5810 @ 520/1035 and I still have some room left to go higher on it. The 45.23's were horrible. I got 3922 with them and the 56.55 I got 5769. My cpu is at 200x12.5

Back