• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

refilling ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sterVin

How often do you guys have to refill your loop with water? I have to put in a gallon of distilled water every two to three days and it seems kinda..... much. Whenever my mom goes into town I ask her to buy me another gallon or so of distilled water.. :sn:

oh, Im using evaporative cooling, just incase anyone wanted to know :rolleyes:

Section8 said:
Wow at first I was like this must be a joke or your room is flooding fast...LOL
HAHAHA, same here, I'm like "I think you have a leakage problem buddy" lol :D

You might get more answers posting in the "Extreme Cooling" forum?

*Edit* - My bad, I guess this is the best forum for your question :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
well the question is simple enough, how often do us semi-closed loop (res or t-line) people have to add water to the loop. id say every few weeks you should top off your reservoir with a splash of water, thats about it. evaporative cooling uses up a LOT more water than a standard wc loop

ok, I figured as much, but I wasnt really sure. I guess thats what I get for having "passive" watercooling..

I was wondering because I might go to a semi closed loop and didnt want to have to spend all the $$ on water (its not that bad of a cost tho, and worth it none-the-less)

Hahaha...I thought to myself....where is the water going? But then I kept reading.

I suppose it would depend upon the humidity level in your house, so if you run an air conditioner or dehumidifier, it'll evaporate VERY quickly, and the surface area of your evaporation stuff will also have an impact, but you're going to use quite a lot no matter what. If you had gone for a closed system you could go months without refilling.

Back