• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what mobo for a smepron.??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Different BIOSes behave differently. My Soltek 75DRV5 has a freak-out when it sees a Barton and calls it a Mobile Duron. I've download the BIOS for your board, so I'll have a look through it and then can say exactly how it's stuffing up.

So are you looking for a new mobo which is suitable for a 3100+ Sempron (i.e Socket 754) or a mobo that is suitable for your current Socket A cpu?

yeah the 3100 754 for something new..... and if i am correct i can and will be able to use it for an A64 right.??? alrighty thanks emboss...

Memphis69 said:
i under stand that but all of the ohter post i have seen have " unknow cpu " lol thats why i am questioning what is being told to me.. lol sorry to be a pain in the ***! lol but i have a vaid point.? or maybe i dont.. lol

It's funny, because I just built a rig for a friend, using the same ASROCK KT880 based motherboard (AsRock K7V88), and it TOO detects the Mobile Athlon XP 2400+ (barton core), as a Mobile Sempron.

Best motherboard I've ever purchased for 45$. ASRock rocks in my book.

Trust me, it's a Mobile Athlon XP (barton) core, but the BIOS is set to recognize Athlon's as Sempron's because that's what they are being switched to.

My other Nforce2 boards I've used Mobile XP's with have all detected them aas "unknown CPU type" as you mentioned.

For some reason VIA chipsets (the KT600 also) will detect mobile chips as either Mobile Athlon, or mobile Sempron (as in the Asrock board).

Back