• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Morgan in the UK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Where did it come from Andy, can I buy one yet?

Or is it another you lucky git/under the counter/top secret type/not supposed to have it/i want it now CPU?

please tell me I can buy it, I can't cope with jellousy

what speed is it Andy, is it Aluminium or Copper ?

Looks like those chips are readily available in the US, at about $84 plus shipping... so I imagine they'll be available in the UK very shortly if not already.

SickBoy

Dabs have them now in the UK fort 84.59 GBP delivered - so get along to http://www.dabs.com

Lucky them - they are always first up with the goodies due to their massive buying power which trounces pretty much everyone else this side of the pond.

Don't worry I'm not advertising them - they are a corporate setup with buig time concerns that I don't think I could improve by a post in here !!!

I wonder if the Morgan will be a great OCer? Im debating weather to get the Morgan or a thunderbird 1ghz. Andy if it were you buying one which would you get and why ??

The new Morgan - simply because it excels in performance. The new Duron core performs as well as an equally clocked Thunderbird.

So Palomino will be even better still..............

1.35Ghz tops - tried it on about five different boards and found EPoX 8KHA to be the best for Morgan / Palomino Stability - forget ASUS boards - not a chance of doing anything over 1200Mhz - so I gave up

wild_andy_c said:
1.35Ghz tops - tried it on about five different boards and found EPoX 8KHA to be the best for Morgan / Palomino Stability - forget ASUS boards - not a chance of doing anything over 1200Mhz - so I gave up

What stepping is the chip? And what do we have to compare the stepping, anything yet?

Wa11y said:

What stepping is the chip? And what do we have to compare the stepping, anything yet?

If I remember correctly - AHDA.

Instantly recognizeable as a Morgan anyhow from die shape and new product code (its not D1000AUT1B!!!!!)

Since the chip is the first of a new breed, there is no comparisson.

What I can state that is if your BIOS is SSE enabled, Morgan performs as well as Thunderbird which is a truly amazing feat.

Regarding 8K7A, yeah I tried it on my 8K7A+, but it started to squeal at only 158Mhz FSB, so I backed off and went at the multiplier moreso but wasn't as pleased as with the 8KHA.

I have found both Morgan and Palomino to be a little hesitant on the FSB side of things on the 8K7A whereas I can sil upto 170Mhz much more stably on my 8KHA. This is strange considering that it's the 8K7A that has the increased divisor and not the 8KHA - but still that's just the way life is!!

wild_andy_c said:

If I remember correctly - AHDA.

Instantly recognizeable as a Morgan anyhow from die shape and new product code (its not D1000AUT1B!!!!!)

Since the chip is the first of a new breed, there is no comparisson.

What I can state that is if your BIOS is SSE enabled, Morgan performs as well as Thunderbird which is a truly amazing feat.

Regarding 8K7A, yeah I tried it on my 8K7A+, but it started to squeal at only 158Mhz FSB, so I backed off and went at the multiplier moreso but wasn't as pleased as with the 8KHA.

I have found both Morgan and Palomino to be a little hesitant on the FSB side of things on the 8K7A whereas I can sil upto 170Mhz much more stably on my 8KHA. This is strange considering that it's the 8K7A that has the increased divisor and not the 8KHA - but still that's just the way life is!!

Actually, I was asking about other Morgan steppings. We have a couple of T-bird steppings, and I wanted to see if there are other Morgan steppings to compare yet. Guess I just need to be patient seeing as how the Morgan is such a new chip. When I get some cash, I might pick up one or two.

Back