• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lower 3Dmark05 score after flashing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DamienKC

I just flashed my GT -> Ultra today, so I decided to see what it could do in 3dmark05

My GT @ 420/1140 was getting an average of 52xx+ everytime I did it. My "ultra" at 430/1150 gave me 5165...same settings on everything...

Anyone got an idea why? :(

Best guess would be looser memory timings. I hear the Ultra Bioses loosen them up to ratched memory clocks, so that could be your discrepancy...
BTW, I noticed you have the same card as me...the memory is definitely 2.0ns, and not 1.6...I just verified this today when I installed my NvSilencer.
good luck with the scores

Why? 1/2 multiplier is working fine for me. same clock speed but higher FSB, whats wrong with that?

Yea Half multies are bad for the A64's the fsb being reported is actually wrong. You get less performance with half multies on a64's. So dont use multis like 10.5 or 9.5 or 8.5 ect

I noticed the same thing with my Gt flashed to the Ultra the score being al ittle lower, its prob due to the looser memory timmings on the Ultra bios. If you want to re-flash back to the Gt bios get one from here.

http://www.mvktech.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=26&func=selectfolder&filecatid=67

Look on the back of youre card and on the bottom of it thier should be sticker saying which bios rev you had on the card, its youre choice to flash back to whatever it was like if it was rev .01 then flashing to rev .02 wont hurt.

I tried flashing my GT err.. Ultra back to the GT and it worked, Just download the GT bios in the link rev .01 or .02 doesnt matter and do exsactly like you did with the Ultra bios, open it with Omni and then leave everything alone save it to the floppy disk and name it like 6800GT like you named the other one 6800Ultra. Then type the same Nvflash -p -u -2 6800gt.rom it flashes right back. I tried it and it worked so no worries.

Or to get the higher overclocks without using the actuall Ultra bios, Just download one of the PNY GT bios's thier and using Omni Change the 3d voltage to 1.4v

Last edited:
when I flashed, I gained over 800 points in 3dm03, can it be a bug in 3dm05??? or try different Ultra bios. mkvtech has almost any bios out there.

Thermal throttling shouldnt happen until the thing reaches the temp or 130c or something in that nature.

It also could just be a variance in 3dmark05, sometimes these benchmarks are off by alot getting and missing points each time.

Back