• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MaxBlast 3 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminat.

I have a question: Does MaxBlast 3 (the latest version) support external USB hard drives?

I ask this because I am considering building an external USB Maxtor drive for backup purposes, but obviously I don't want to build it if MaxBlast can't do it.

When you go into partition-backup, it asks you to choose a hard drive attached to your pc. Will it detect the USB drive as attached?

Isn't MaxBlast 3 just an installation utility? The only variable factor on support of external hard drives is if the motherboard has USB/Firewire support or not. You can use any hard drive on any external-casing setup basically. Only if you plan to boot from a USB device do some motherboards have trouble, it's a BIOS-related issue, but most do support it, if not then an update will. Where does MaxBlast 3 come in this?

Back