• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

77 b'ville shroud -

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weapon

this one is still very much a work in progress (the shroud, not the beer that is sitting on top of it - the beer was completely finished :beer: ) but it has some potential. pic of the first attempt -- look ma, no seam. :)
clearshroud1.jpg

while it is a little hard to judge size in the pic, the standoff between the top of the shroud and the face of the core is approx. 1.5"

that one was made from fairly thin material but due to the seamless construction of the top plate + side panels, it feels very strong. For the next one, I'm going to try either 3/16 or 1/4" acrylic. :)

I built a shroud from the .093 plexiglass from Home Depot. The 11x14 sheet was less than $2. Adding a cross brace between the 2X120 fans made the setup very sturdy
HCFinnished2.jpg .

fhanderson said:
I built a shroud from the .093 plexiglass from Home Depot. The 11x14 sheet was less than $2. Adding a cross brace between the 2X120 fans made the setup very sturdy
HCFinnished2.jpg .

Handerson how did you cut the plexiglass?? I cant cut it w/o melting the heck out of it... using a jigsaw ans a metal (fine) blade...

any suggestions?

at first i couldn't see the plexi on the side and thought there wasn't a piece there!

That shroud looks excellent.

Mine is carboard, but you can't see mine because of where it is.

I used a plexiglass scoring tool and a straightedge then I broke it on the edge of my workbench. The breaks are very clean when scored. The tool cost about $3 or you can use a utility knife. The cuts are all straight lines. I used a 120mm holesaw to cut the openings for the fans.

@ fhanderson: how is your shroud attached to the res? Didn't notice any through-res thrreaded rods or anything. Nice work!

I have a piece of aluminum angle at the top and bottom that holds the shroud and HC against the front of the case. I used a piece of 1/8 foam insulation between the shroud and the angle pieces.

fhanderson.... just curiouse what you used to glue the plexiglass together with??? i have a couple home projects i want to do out of plexiglass??

Back