• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maxtor 120gb bust?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom_ed1987

Hi,

well i was doing some strenuous stuff on my comp, and i got a BSOD, it rebooted, and didnt start, just kept rebooting just before it shows the windows logo.
i have 2 hard disks at the minute, a 36gb raptor with windows xp on, and a 120gb data storage drive (both sata). i was not accessing the 120gb when the comp crashed, but removing it allowed me to boot up, so is it nackered? i tried booting off the windows cd first of all with both hard disks in, but it would not load. came up with some error on that 120gb drive. removing the 120gb everything works fine.
i dont see how it could have become corrupted or anything as it wasnt being used at the time. any ideas?

ok this is strange. the exact thing just happened to this boot drive. it wouldnt display the windows logo and just rebooted, so i took both drives off sata ports 3 and 4, put them on 1 and 2 and now it works but im afraid to reboot incase it fuxes again. are the sata ports bust?

Back