• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help PLEASE ! look in you might be my saver :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koss20100

well ive been trouble shooting my new rig alot (1month) and finally got it to post (ill be needing a new processor) anywayz the comp says therez no hard disk installed i set my hard drive MASTER but it jus wont let me boot ergh...

It boots into bios jus fine...

here and there it might boot into windows advanced start up menu (where u can boot into safe mode) but even safe mode dosnet work it jus restarts...

I tried a clean install but my xp cd tells me no hard drive detected !

:bang head :bang head there is a good chance it could be jumpers..

my rigs on my sig <<

*NOTE: on my hard drive i have no jumpers (this means its on master not slave)

K here is some more TECH info ... tht some one pmed and asked about

1. NOTHING is overclocked its all runnin at 133FSB for trouble shooting purposes
2. I dont have anyohter IDE SATA drives connected at the moment for trouble shooting purposes , but if u must (I have a DvD player and CDR burner <- there safe i tested em)
3. Power supply (Just could be it never tested it so here goes)
ACINPUT - 115AC 50/60 HZ 230VAC 4A
DC INPUT - +3.3V +5V +12V -5V -12V +5Vsb
14A 35A 17A .5A .5A 2A
350WATT MAX
4. Info on the harddrive (I was stupid to leave this out srry)
Western Digital
WD1200
Enhanced IDE hard drive
S/N WMAM51062608

K tht should cover it im gonna start hitting the comp monday

ty for all your responses !
I currently have it Jumperless

Look at the hard drive. Somewhere it usually has pictures of the jumper settings. I would set it so that its on 'cable select', and make sure ur on the 'master' plug on the IDE cable.

Alrite guyz GREAT NEWZ i made the nub mistake of using the middle socket thinge and not the end :( well time to go get me a processor

THANK YOU all who responded

Back