• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Kind of Hose Clamps Do you Use on your WB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

I am just frustrated because all the clamps at the WB inlet/outlet I could ever find just don't work well, look good or interfere with mounting clamps, If you use Cascade, WW or Maze 4, what clamp works best for you ??

Use zip ties and trim the extra plastic off them
zip ties, Uhh never thought of these, like two per outlet. I was using nichrome wire or paper clip wire and then finishing it off with pliers.....

whats wrong with the nylon ones. If you clamp them tight enough, good luck getting them off

Interference !!!, especially if you have a cascade or maze4, they worked fine on my Swifty 5002-A...

home depot worm drive.

However, i saw some automotive ones that were like half the thickness with a smaller head at walmart, i thought that would be VERY uselfull. i just diddnt have the money for them.

Zippity dippity ties yeeehaw..actually with this UV reactive tubing I just started useing I went with the zip ties. previously i was useing the home depot/lowes vynil tubing and used the nylon clamps which i had to special order for that thin walled crap and they leaked anyways, plus the had interferance on the RBX. I tried the 1/4 inch worm gears and those just blow...good clamping power, but eat up tubes easy and bang into everything.

this new tubing rocks and is such a tight fit I just used the zipt ties and tightend down with 2 pliers (push pull if you will) and clipped the extra..btw they are UV reactive too..time for a case me things :)

metal worm drive.

I've used zip ties too but you have to make sure you get good ones or they will slip.

Voyeurmod.com has the plastic clamps for $0.45 each in loads of colors if you want to order them by the piece as well.

Thanks for the suggestion on the zip-ties. I never would have thought of that and after fighting with my 3 inlet/outlet RBX and the plastic clamps I have to say I really like that idea. The only down side would be the removal of the ties from what I can see as opposed to simply 'twisting' the plastic clamps. Pricewise however the zip ties certainly make up for the 1-2" of tubing that may be lost.

No clamps, ties, or plastic bits of any description. Never got around to it. Going on a year now, have yet to experience a leak. Clamps tend to chew up and distort the hose - which in turn forces a need for clamps. Self serving it seems. Not to mention cosmetics of clamps. Now not saying I'm against clamps, in fact many situations demand them. Then there's the better safe then sorry philosophy. But given the appropriate barb design and hose sizing, a straight hose connection is fine. At least IME.

Back