• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Wall mounted wood PC - 56k Unfriendly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knivez

Will get some Pics up relativley soon.
Well its gunna be a 2' high, 3' wide and about 9 inch deep wood PC thats going to be mounted on the wall behind my monitor. My dads crazy and said he was going to build his own case and mod the hell outta it so I had no choice but to support him.
Its going to be a water cooled PC, a Laing 4 GPM pump thats beent painted metallic blue, a Black Ice II Extreme radiator ( I can't convince him to get anything else :sigh: ). A swiffy P4 waterblock, cant remeber the name. A swiffy 9800 block. Hes cooling a 2.8 ghz P4, a 9800, he just finished ordering an A-bit ICG-7 Max-II, blue sleeving kit etc... There will be two comparments, the right compartment will be about 6 inches wide and will hold drives, power switch and radiator. The left will hold all the other parts, including the Pump. We are ripping a few pieces out of his and my old dell to use for drive mounting, PCI bracket etc...
So tell me what you think, I will get more detailed specs up about the pump once I get some pictures in.
The cabinet will be made out of Birch, We just got a piece of Birch for teh back and are trying to find 2x10's for the sides. The front will haev two windows, one in the main compartment and the other showing off the rad. It will have white lighting, with blue water and pretty much anything we can paint blue.

Last edited:
Sounds too cool, and Birch is a purty wood. It also sounds like some nice cooling gear, don't fret the BIX2X, it's a decent radiator and the wood cases tend to be quiter, so you can put a good fan on it if need be. :)

I got tired of store bought cases a while ago, and I start on my second total build tomorrow (had to create a new work bench for the build tonight).

Post the pics, but be nice and resize them to 600 x 600 or smaller so us 56k'rs can enjoy them too! I don't even bother looking at the big pic threads...

I saw a mini-itx machine like this, had an LCD and looked like a picture hanging on the wall. Sound cool, but make sure you have good mounting in the wall, as that will be much heavier than a regular picture. How thick is this going to be?

Great. I like just about everything wall-mounted or built-in. The desk I'm at now has no legs; it's secured to the wall. It was designed for that.

A big squarish box hanging on the wall will look absurd, though, unless your home is a gas station tool shed. It's got to look like it belongs there, like the space would be lacking if it wasn't there. Some other shape? Anything in the room it can echo or expand on? If not its beauty must be greater than its position is weird.

Sean Lindstrom said:
Great. I like just about everything wall-mounted or built-in. The desk I'm at now has no legs; it's secured to the wall. It was designed for that.

A big squarish box hanging on the wall will look absurd, though, unless your home is a gas station tool shed. It's got to look like it belongs there, like the space would be lacking if it wasn't there. Some other shape? Anything in the room it can echo or expand on? If not its beauty must be greater than its position is weird.
Not really, mainly everything in the apartment my dad lvies in is square. It will look like a large and 9" deep picture on the wall.

Quattro said:
I hope your not going from that old Dell to this beast in one hit are you?
Yes, yes I am. It was a nice Dell when my dad got it, I build my own PC's but he bought a Dell.
9800 np
2.8 ghz P4 HT
1 gig of PC3200 RAM.

DSCF0475.jpg
Painted metallic blue.
DSCF0474.jpg
Frozen CPU Blue lit power switch
DSCF0472.jpg
120 mm Delta with gold painted fan grill
DSCF0471.jpg
Antec True330 painted blue
DSCF0469.jpg
Pump with mounting bracket
DSCF0468.jpg
Another
DSCF0467.jpg
Danger Den Fillport
DSCF0466.jpg
Black Ice II xtreme radiotor with clearflex tubing
DSCF0465.jpg
Abit ICG-7 Max II mobo

And freshly gold painted 120 mm Deltas, on the Black Ice
DSCF0477.jpg

Last edited:
PCI mounting bracket painted blue and the motherboard I/O bracket painted gold
DSCF0480.jpg

Looking pretty cool, man. Birch... sounds like a nice wood for a computer case.

Does your dad do a lot of carpentry?

*pst...* Quick question, are you gonna cool the hard drives at all? I know my Seagate could get pretty toasty... Without the 120mm fan on it. :D

neonblingbling said:
*pst...* Quick question, are you gonna cool the hard drives at all? I know my Seagate could get pretty toasty... Without the 120mm fan on it. :D
To answer that I present you with a picture
DSCF0483.jpg
This is a mock-up of the setup. the blue mount toward the top above the mobo is where the HDD will be. So a 120mm Delta will be blowing air on it. The fan on the left is blowing out.

lol, I just read your first post wrong.

There will be two comparments, the right compartment will be about 6 inches wide and will hold <b>drives<b>, power switch and radiator. The left will hold all the other parts, including the Pump. We are ripping a few pieces out of his and my old dell to use for drive mounting, PCI bracket etc...

Dumb me. :p

And it is a nice set up. Looks VERY spacious.

I made my last order from FrozenCpu.
Polarflo CPU block and GPU block
4 white CCFL's
2 white 5mm leds
2 Vantec blue sleeving kits
Blue molex's
y-splitter with bluw LED's in the Molex's
4 blue RAM heatspreaders from TT
4 blue VGA RAM heatsinks from TT
and 8 Blue RAM heatsinks from TT that I will use to sink the mosfets

Here a few pics of progress
DSCF0492.jpg
The hole for the power supply routed and ready to be sanded
DSCF0494.jpg
The hole for the PCI bracket routed and ready to be sanded
DSCF0495.jpg
both
DSCF0496.jpg
The hole for the black ice II routed and ready to be sanded. I couldn't keep the radiator straight becuase holding the radiator and the camera is a little difficult.

Some PSU's like the Antec powersupply's have this im not sure if all thier models have this or not but my 550wAntec, has the molex in the back the reason its thier is for external things, Like external fans or cathods or pumps or something. I use my molex in theb ack for my 2 92mm fans on my raditator which is to big for inside my case

Back