• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem getting files after windows reinstall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

I just formated my friends POS dell using the system disc this thing came with. Thing was flooded with spyware and what not, so I figured just format this thing and just resend the files that she sent me to hold onto so they arent lost.

Heres the thing though, I was not able to get windows to delete the partition and format the drive completely. I ended up just reinstalling windows, and I think I may have switched to NTFS while the system was still FAT. Now the drive has the same ammount of disc space left, and I cant find the files she needs on the drive anywhere. A few were found but the majority isnt there.

Im getting pissed off that I cant figure this crap out, oh and I hate dells too cause this thing is slow. :cry:

It depends on how important the files are, and if she's willing to pay.

Head over to Tucows.com. Windows>System and Untilities>File Tools>File Recovery.

For the life of me, I can't remember which ones I liked and disliked. Most offer a free trial though, but require purchasing before allowing you to save files. One of the programs actually found some files that were lost 2 or 3 partitions ago. I was quite impressed.

Back