• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Router from the Abyss + IT LIVES! 11.08.04 Update!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IT LIVES!

Well I took some time out of my busy life to snap a few shots, here she is, first boot, ready for gentoo, and etc.

abyss_r14.jpg

I want to take a moment to thank Ploaf, who is by far one of the most kind hearted people you will ever meet on the forums, work on this project continues thanks to his help in supplying this KVM.

abyss_r15.jpg

Some 30GB Love, originally Abyss was slated for a 60GB HD, but unfortunately when my 40 took a dive I didn't have a choice but to swap places for hard drives. 30GB Shouldn't be bad, and by the time I am ready to replace it it should be a nice size drive anyway.

abyss_r16.jpg

IT LIVES! Excuse my poor quality monitor photo I'll try better next time.

Just a tidbit, I worked a total of 90 hours this past week including almost 50+ over the weekend getting a grand total of, well let's just say not alot of sleep. Today was a 12 and a half day of support for four offices and honestly, I am burnt out. Don't expect another update this week unless I catch up on sleep and get the ambition to either start OS installing, or case modifications. Thank you all for your patience thus far. Well let me know what you think, comments and suggestions are welcome.

J :cool:

DerekDRP said:
its a pizza box LOL LOL. keep on modding and may the force be with you.
I have to agree, it does have the pizza box'ish feel and look to it... hummm... ahh just stay tuned, more to come hopefully in the next week or so.

9mmCensor said:
Looking good dude. Only 90hours of work. Thats nothing. Your slacking off again SpeeDj.

Great work btw.
whoops Seems that I am, thanks for the reminder. Look for some updates soon!

you can set compile priority in gentoo to something low so it won't affect your other more important background services :cool:

Back