• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS1 screen, how to get power?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdok5

Im looking to put a PS1 mobile screen in my front 3.5" bays. It will pit perfectly there. i was wondering where a guide with a diagram of teh conections is. mainly im looks for how to get power to it.

anyone out there done this and have soem pictures of the setup for me?

Thanks...
MIKE

and the car apadter plugs into the wall? how did you connect the video? i would realllllly love soem diagrams :)

cant find any anywhere:(

Thanks
Mike

im looking at doing this too, let us know how you get on and how it needs powering etc.... do they come with a vga connector then?

well im not doint it for a while....too busy at school/work, but my firned has a screen this that ima get form him this weekend.....but first need to relocte floopy (yes i still use it) and fan controller......

any ideas?

Mike

no the car adapter plugs into the car and converts the 12 volt dc from the comp to what ever voltage needed to run the lcd...

and to hook it up you should be able either hook it up via rca cable or use bit-tech's method and solder it to a vga plug but that is all up to you...

i believe vga, and cost ive seen around 60$ online.....way cheaper than buying a stand alone LCD. and it fits PERFECTLY in a 3x3.5" bay :)

edit: So when i hook this up...and im running winamp or sumthing....then i start a game....does teh second screen go off? i heard it does with secondary moniters plugged into one card. any ways around this?

Mike

Last edited:
Darn, I wana use my tft on dvi, but dvi is the secondary connector...any way to specify which connector you wana act as primary?

Yup, Just select which monitor you want as primary (1 or 2) then check this box (Mine's greyed out cause I only have one monitor connected ATM):

Last edited:
i have had 2 vga moniters hooked up b4, and i was using an extended desktop, and when i played a game, the other shut off. is this due to the extended desktop? or my graphics card?

Mike

so if i turn that off, it will stay on when i run games or other fullscreen apps?

is there a key or sumthing to change the active desktop then?

Mike

Back