• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nec Nd3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionzbelt1

I have just bought one of these drives and i have started to back up my original dvd collection but when using dvd shrink my rate is only 3,500kbs is this normal or does it all depend on the dvd and also does anyone know if there is a firmware update as i cant find one

Is that the average rate? Because if it is, that's a little slow, *but* NEC burners have never been known for their ripping speed. If you really want the fastest ripping speeds, then invest in a 16x Lite-On DVD-ROM. Their read speeds are incredibly fast.

Also, please use periods to indicate that you've moved to a new thought.

I'll second Nero about the Lite-on DVD drive. I use a lite-on to rip my disks and get speeds in excess of 7k.

But you already knew that now didn't you m8?

NEC 3500 dvdrw are rip speed limited to 4x max when ripping a dvd, if u want rid of it you have to flash to a different firmware with the lock removed - now I rip at 12x

Back