• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need stabitity?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadHeat

Registered
I've got a 3.0 prescott thats running at 3.6, but it seems that my computer is moving slower in certain areas? Like when I burn a dvd it seems to be going slower? The temp's are fine 40 at idle and never more than 50 when I ran a burn with sandra. Tried prime95 but it wont run the test it just say's error rounding 4.9999986 and expected less than 4.? What's the deal? :eh?:

HELP?

add a notch of Vcore...If that doesnt work try upping the vdimm...If that doesnt work again the vagp untill the rounding errors dissappear.......

Use memtest86+ for ram...Loop #5 test for 8hours then dual prime with small fft's and large fft's afterwards.....

Right now I just put the vcore at 1.4, but cpuz say's it's closer to 1.41 and the fsb is at 247 now running around 3.7. The ram is micron 512 pc3200 ddr 400mhz two sticks running dual chanel. The ratio is 5:4 and the cl latency on the memory is set to 2.5 could go to 3.0? Don't know how to chamge th vdimm but the voltage too the memory is set to 2.75v.

Try upping the vdimm at 2.85V and Vagp to 1.6V OR 1.7V.....Dont push anymore Vcore unless it errors out on small fft's.........

Know Nuttin said:
why would you increase the Vagp? :confused:

It helps the tension from the RAM--NB--CPU. If you dont feed power to the NB the data wont flow smoothly to the destination and i might add that the NB also controls the traffic to the southbridge. So it's getting stressed a lot and when it does, it shoots out errors out of the blue. I might be wrong though. But those option through the bios arent there for no reason. :beer:

You're not too far off there Vflux, my board won't stabilize at 250FSB without at least 1.6vagp, and it can't pull anything higher than 275 without 1.8vagp.

Just tried upping the vagp to 1.6, but didn't up the vdimm because I was told up that high could cuase problems with my memory heating up too much. I dont have any cooling specific to my memory. What do you think? The rounding still has an error.

Madheat, So which test on prime95 does it shoots out rounding error?

To Everyone:Alright lets put an end to this Vagp will kill the graphic card myth!!!

With all the vmods i've done, this is how i came through with most of my understanding with the help other people as well from other forums.....

Lets put it this way for the AGP Vddq voltage. e.g. Your graphic card is like your mobo/ram and the PSU 3.3V rail. Just because the PSU is modded to run 3.4V-3.5V it doesnt mean that the ram will also run at 3.4V-3.5V. It will stay within with what you set through the bios. Unless the voltage regulator for vdimm is modded to provide 2.95V or more...

Same goes to Vagp. Our current graphic cards have their own voltage regulators, which infact is way better than our mobo's. The GPU and Vmem will only go up if theres an added resistance to their voltage regulators and upon lowering them the voltage will rise........

The Vagp is mostly important while benching 3D and onto 1:1 mode. This is what i just found out lately or using very tight timings. Infact anything that stresses the NB the most, thus you need to bump up the Vagp the most.

Hopefully i explained this properly correct me if im wrong as i only speculated this theory ontop of my head........

I had the same problem, my system kinda lagged a little bit. only had a 350w PS so I got a 430w Antec PS and I had no problems.. Theres my 2cents

Back