• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and Geil

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Well I was told by someone on the forums that if I buy the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and run it with my Geil Ultra Golden Dragon PC3200 Ram, it wont work very well. I just made the switch to AMD from Intel, and if I dont have to buy new RAM, I dont want too. I wont be overclocking this setup quite yet, I want to read up on AMD overclocking before I do.
I have a A64 3000+ s939 CPU too.

Thanks for the info and help!

I have read a lot of post about how picky this board is with ram. I have not seen or exprienced any such problems. I have ran 5 different generic memory modules in single and dual channel and I am running xms llpro 3200 corsair now. I actually got a better oc with 2 of the generic sticks but @stock speeds the corsair is a little better in benching. I have not tried any geil memory yet. It "should" run fine. I have had great luck with this board so far. I have not really pushed the oc yet. Still waiting on the cooler side of things.

Back