• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

{off topic} how do i do a screen shot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just hit the Print Screen key on your keyboard. Then paste the screen into whatever graphics package you have, crop it, and save it.

ok thanks for that,also where do you recommend i save it? i tried it in paint but it will only allow me to save it as a bitmap not a gif or jpeg.i tried it in word but i dont know how to get rid of the rest of the pic as i only want the benchmark not the whole page?

Try this - it's a great, free, program that I use. It allows you to convert between loads of different formats, enhance colours, resize pictures, change brightness - pretty much everything you could want for general manipulation of images. OK it's not Photoshop, but it is free! :)

When you save it in Paint and the box says .bmp use the drop down box and choose .jpg. If you hit Alt then print screen only the open box gets copied, not the whole screen.

TranceBear said:
When you save it in Paint and the box says .bmp use the drop down box and choose .jpg. If you hit Alt then print screen only the open box gets copied, not the whole screen.

ok but what happens with me is when i hit the 'print screen' button and then paste it, the whole page ,including the background saves.i want to know how to just get the sandra benchmark.and in paint in the drop down menu it only gives me *bmp in 4 different types. i know what you mean but 4 some reason it wont give me jpg,gif etc???
anyway thanks ,you got me this far which is pretty good

Just try d/ling the program I linked to earlier, IrfanView, it's great. As for saving jpgs in MS Paint, I never used to be able to select anything other than .bmp but recently it's given me the options to save as .jpg and .gif - though I'm sure I haven't changed anything. Go figure :rolleyes:

Back