• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mATX board for XP-M 2200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoenixMDM

Piano Man
I'm building a portable computer and need things as small as possible. I got ahold of an XP-M 2200+, some ram, cdrom, hard drive, and video card already.

What's a good mATX mobo with onboard sound? TBH, I don't really need many overclocking features, stability is my main concern.

I can't tell you waht to get, but I can tell you what not to get.
Don't get an Asus A7N8X-VM, you can't run a mobile over 800mhz on it since there are no multiplier or FSB settings.

Shuttle MN31N not MN31L for stable with very good sound, little OC

Epox 8RGMi not 8RGM3i for good audio & lots of OC

I have & can recommend both

Regards, Balrog

Balrog said: "Epox 8RGMi not 8RGM3i for good audio & lots of OC"
Wish I had seen that before I bought the 8RGM3I and a 2400+ Mobile!

Is there any hack or work around so I can get it to work at least at rated speed never mind OC, on a EPoX 8RGM3I mobo with Athlon XP 2400+ mobile?

Sadly none that I've heard of. If you can RMA 8RGM3i & get 8RGMi from NewEgg refurbs, they had some this weekend for $72.50

I've run mine with XP1700+ DLT3C @2.5Ghz on 209FSB using the IGP & 217FSB using an AGP card. Not the fastest board out there but considering how small you can make these rigs good enough for me.

Good Luck!

Regards, Balrog

does the Epox 8RGMi have a locked multiplier ????? I want to use my 2500+ mobile cpu on a matx board, the asus a7v400-mx wont work with a mobile it shows as a 1000mhz cpu.

Epox 8RGMi has full OC options in BIOS
FSB
Multiplier
Timings
VCore
VDimm
VDD
VAGP

Epox stopped producing this board well over a year ago - not sure where you'd find one now

Good Luck!

Regards, Balrog

thanks Barlog, what about the Biostar M7NCG ver 1.3 I can get one of these....does it have the same features as the Epox to run and overclock a mobile cpu???????

Last edited:
Back