• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modding Startup Beep?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

Is there a way to change the "beep" from when u turn on ur computer to something like...."VARROOMM!!!" anyone know if this is possible at all? if so thad be AWSOME.

The only way I can think of is to get an ASUS mobo with the POST reporter feature:
http://www.asus.com/support/english/techref/mbfeatures/postrep.aspx
It let's you take a wav file and use it instead of the default voice.

If you don't have an ASUS mobo with POST reporter then there wouldn't be enough room in the BIOS chip to store the audio data. Even if there was, it would take quite a bit of BIOS modding.

-Andy

hmm...thanks but no thanks...nice feature by asus but i dont have an asus...anyone else know ne other ways?

my only thought is to buy a simple toy that makes a varoom sound when you press a momentary button. Find a relay (probably a 12V one) and connect the relay to where the button was on the toy. After that connect the relay to the speaker pins on the motherboard.

Back