• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Restricted intake pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overbrazil

Well, after reading a lot of to not restrict the inlet pump, i have changed the inlet fitting of my danner mag 5( It is a 3/4 barb 1/2 thread ):
3para12.jpg

danner5.jpg

P1010040.jpg

I didnt noticed any change in temps and flow. Maybe i dont think worth the change...

i dont see why u would.. relly to say the truth..

maybe if it was all 1/2 " going thro everything and it had a 3/4 for the pump.. besides that ..i dont see why it would change anything..if it did its under .5

Huh? That's a picture of a Mag 3 with the 3/4" OD barbs but in this pic it's an Eheim?

Your best bet is to reduce the amount of tubing you have in your loop if at all possible.

The first loop :
Danner Mag 5 - Fedco 2-232 - cascade block - Reservoir
Second loop :
Eheim 1250 - chevy HC - mcw20 chipset block - mcw50T(80w pelt) GPU block - reservoir.

Since you only have 1 block on the Mag 3 loop you may not notice any improvement. The loop just isn't restrictive enough to benefit from increased intake diameter. Your loop is about as good as it's going to get. At this point it's just minimizing tubing length in each loop but that may not get you noticable performance improvements either. There's just not enough heat going into each loop to see measurable gains. It's all about temperature differential and each loop doesn't get that much heat in it. If it were a single loop I'm sure you'd see a bigger improvement.

Back