• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualatin 1.33GHz & 1.40GHz next...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtomicGuY

yea, you heard it right, Intel will release the 1.33GHz and 1.40GHz Tualatin with both 256K and 512K cache flavours. Even thou I think Intel doesnt have a chance against the Athlon processor, especially mine, the 1.4GHz Tualatin is supposed to hit 1.7GHz no prob with a little overclocking.

this should be one interesting CPU!

I think it is the latest, and probably last chip using the P3
architecture.

The main difference is the change from .18 to .13 and the
addition of more L2 cache on some models.

If there are any other differences, I am not yet aware of them.

I am going to get one and make it run faster than a T-bird. :cool:

AtomicGuY said:
yea, you heard it right, Intel will release the 1.33GHz and 1.40GHz Tualatin with both 256K and 512K cache flavours. Even thou I think Intel doesnt have a chance against the Athlon processor, especially mine, the 1.4GHz Tualatin is supposed to hit 1.7GHz no prob with a little overclocking.

this should be one interesting CPU!

Not to start a brand war at all (I own both brands) but I have two Tualatins with large cache, and when clocked close to 1500 they are right on par and in some cases slightly ahead of my Palomino clocked at 1480. Amazing how the pentium core just keeps on going after 4 or 5 years and a few die shrinks. Makes my P4 look awful, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. Even the Tualatin will never make it to the speeds the P4 and Palomino will in just a few months. Still ought to be interesting chips though.

AtomicGuY said:
...I think Intel doesnt have a chance against the Athlon processor, especially mine, ...

Lets see some bench marks of that baby!

-Trek

I am trying to get my hands on a couple adapters and Tulatain-S chips for my VP6, can you imagen how much that would KICK ?

Though I'd prolly still have crappy -200mb/s memory scores :(

What do you think?

-Trek

Treker said:
I am trying to get my hands on a couple adapters and Tulatain-S chips for my VP6, can you imagen how much that would KICK ?

Though I'd prolly still have crappy -200mb/s memory scores :(

What do you think?

-Trek

lol

My webserver, a VA6 motherboard 750 P3 slot 1, only gets 130-140 MB/s :D. That's sad.

Tualatins will not go to 1.70GHZ without extreme cooling mods. The core's good, but not that good. The extra cache versions are what make the chips attractive.

Any idea of when the 1.4 P3S chips with the 512k L2 will be
unleashed ?

TC's Seti farm made me feel so inferior I have decided to setup
one of them Tualatin systems.

So far I have ordered most everything I will need, except the
CPU itself. Nothing here yet, but it is shipping.....

Let me know if you think this beast will give some of those
AMD chips a challenge.

SOYO ST-Tisu MB
512mb Kingmax PC150
2CoolPC-Plus fan
Enlight 300w ATX case
Inno3d GF2 MX400 64mb
IBM 60GXP 41gb 7200 ATA100
ThermalTake DragonOrb 3 CPU H/S fan
misc. parts...

So far all I have spent is $618.13 and all I need to get
now is the CPU and probably another monitor.

I went with the SOYO instead of the ASUS Tusl2 since the
SOYO will support voltage mods with these chips.
It looked like the performance was the same in the reviews
I could find.

I selected the GF2 because I refuse to pay more for my graphics
card than the CPU costs. Then I can have more fun upgrading
later when the GF3 prices drop below insane levels.

I hope they get those 1.4 chips out before I break down
and order one of them slow 1.26's......

((* Where's that D**N UPS guy at !!!!! *))

Will the Tulatain Proccesors work with my Abit VP6 or not???

Anyone knows if you just need a bios uppdate or if you need a new chipset??

no they will not work on the VP6 as is.. you'll need an adapter from powerleap called the Neo+.. its still in development and I will be testing one asap.. not sure if they will support smp, atleast not right away.

-Trek

What I gathered from the forum, the Neo+ is a "mystical-beast" never been senn ;)

And it was designed to work with SMP... PLEASE post a tread on how your venture is going with the beast!! ;)

To Pinky,

Pinky, my brother's friend's friend began working at Intel just recently and they have a 1733MHz Tualatin in the works! That will satisfy the people who cant afford XEON processors, he said and will fill in the gap.

AXIA said:
To Pinky,

Pinky, my brother's friend's friend began working at Intel just recently and they have a 1733MHz Tualatin in the works! That will satisfy the people who cant afford XEON processors, he said and will fill in the gap.

I'll believe that one when I see it (1.1 P3 coppermine, yeah...)

:p

Back