• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Nameless

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a lot more done, just no pictures and my comp is at the shop - my day off. I had to order new tubing... oh well. 15$ to mcmaster.com for clearflex

Edit: I just got back from clepto'ing a nice 1/2" brass tee. I'm hoping it screws right into my impeller housing so I can have the tee right on the pump. If it doesn't fit I guess I'll go get me another. Can you believe they want $8 plus tax for these things?

Like this, only brass and with the threading on the outside:
048643072510.jpg

Last edited:
a little off topic but... could you use those elbows-joints in a watercooling setup, that means you could have right angles instead of flexed tube bent everywhere

I could, however that adds a lot of restriction to the loop. The less restriction, the more flow, and the more flow, the better the cooling capabilities. While elbows make more convienent tube routing, they kill performance. Each one adds a noticable drop in temperature.

Edit: Thanks, mod(s) for renaming the thread. Where was it moved from? I swear this is where I posted it.

Last edited:
pwnt by pat said:
I could, however that adds a lot of restriction to the loop. The less restriction, the more flow, and the more flow, the better the cooling capabilities. While elbows make more convienent tube routing, they kill performance. Each one adds a noticable drop in temperature.

Edit: Thanks, mod(s) for renaming the thread. Where was it moved from? I swear this is where I posted it.
It was moved from Alt Modding, additionally if the above reference was hinting at stealing could you not do that in the future please.

Thanks

J :cool:

Wow, everything is looking really nice! I am curious to see how the rad on top turns out since I'm going to be doing the same thing around Christmas. Also, YAY z-680s :) Can't wait to see more. :)

DAMNIT I ordered 15 feet of the wrong tubing - clearflex-70 it was 65c a foot a MCMaster. This seriously sucks. Is anyone willing to send me three feet of clearflex60?

Last edited:
60 is more flexable but not as strong than 70. The 70 starts to flatten about 5-10 degrees before 60 which is bad for making a tight cpu-nb bend. I am lucky to be able to use some of my old 60... it was just long enough.

hey nice work I see you got the water cooling in so far :) good work .... so far I cant remeber what u said the water cooling unit was? I am thinking of getting the danger den kit.

I've been in WC since I started. I didn't buy a kit, home grown. My gpu loop right now is maze4 gpu, z-chip nb, jr120, and hydor l30I. I might end up buying a tec block to replace the maze4 if I feel like it (enough after insurance and car payment). My CPU loop will be either a RBX or my current WW if I can get it to stop leaking, a 2-342, and either a mag3 or 7, again depending on which I can afford.

pat I was thinking of home grown but not sure if it would work ( a aquaruim water pump. for a big tank custom tubing thats used in a tmaxx rc gas truck. a maze4 gpu/cpu wblocks and then a 2 gallon container u get from a water works place ( but then it wouldnt ever be moved ( sort of )

I got myself a camera. It's not the greatest but it's cheap...

IMG_0001.JPG

The gpu loop.

IMG_0002.JPG

My awesome Tee. The inside of the tee is 1/2" exactly. There is no flow restriction here. I am using this 'cause everything is tiny and I couldn't fit it elsewhere.

IMG_0003.JPG

This is my seal around the fan so no air is wasted. That's two mousepads, baby.

IMG_0004.JPG

Horrible horrible shot... I still can't work the flash. That's the only way air can get in the front of the case. I am going to open it up alot but I can't find my Dremmel...

I'll get more up later.

Derek, yeah. It's just a passive cooling system. Don't expect amazing temperatures unless you go like 10gallons + but it should work.

Edit: Just bought my mag 7 for $60... oh well. It's worth it.

Last edited:
anything to do with computers is worth it pat. btw I was allso thinking of buying a denger den maze4 kit ( the screen savers ultamete one ) sp on spelling lol.

Yeah, I guess. I think it might be overkill though 'cause that loop will consist of about three feet of tubing, a white water, and a single pass heater core. However, I guess with 700gpm@0' and [email protected]' I will be very pleased.

Oh, don't buy a kit. While they come almost all set up, they are more expensive and worse performing than their homebuilt brothers. Check out the WC section, there are several threads right now about cheap systems and which parts are the best.

Back