• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Nameless

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMG_00022.JPG

IMG_00033.JPG

IMG_00043.JPG

Just a quick update, bleeding, my coolant, and the tee - a fired mauser shell.

Can I not get a break!?!? more bad lighting

Guess what came in today?

IMG0001.JPG

IMG0002.JPG

IMG0004.JPG

IMG0005.JPG

IMG0006.JPG

I can work the flash now but the lighting in my room sucks, burnt out bulb, two of three on the wrong side of the room.

The test setup:

IMG_01.JPG

IMG_02.JPG

That's about 12 feet of tubing, 1/2" id.

IMG_03.JPG

The spray.

IMG_04.JPG

To simulate "excessive resistance", the WhiteWater and 12 feet of tubing. Jerkins.

IMG_05.JPG

That's at least 3gpm.

IMG_06.JPG

I cut it down to about two and a half to three feet to see what I'd be getting on the pump from the external box. Crazy.

IMG_07.JPG

And finally, with the whitewater.

Nothing exciting.

IMG_1.JPG

The only air in the case from the front four fans enters here. It was origionally 1/3 the size.

IMG_2.JPG

Just looking plain right now. I do get a nice glow around the hard drives and under the front lip of the case which is nice.

IM_2.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

The tee leaked so I came up with this: 3/4" id tubing to connect the tee to the pump inlet. It's streached over the 1" id inlet. That was a ***** to get on 'cause it's cheap lowes tubing and doesn't streatch easy at all. The loop is leaktesting now - completely blead in 5 minutes.

IMG_0007.JPG

Dog.

IMG_0009.JPG

Here I was testing the 3/4 tubing with the Danner pump and 2-342. What they don't tell you is the 3/4 inlet on that rad are at the flared ends. The actual barb on the rad is closer to 1/2-5/8". In order to get the 3/4 to fit, I cut a small V out of the end and then cranked down on the clamp.

IMG_0012.JPG

The almost final setup. There is 1/2" id from pump to wb, 1/2"id from wb to rad, and 3/4" from rad to pump. Here's how she worked out...

1 gallon in 25 seconds
2 gallons in 50 seconds
1/5 (or .2) gallon in 25/5 (or 5) seconds
.4 gallons in 10 seconds
2.4 gallons in 1 minute

This isn't even the final final setup. Most of the tubing is a bit longer than it will be in the final setup. I'm guessing I'll be doing 2.5-2.6gpm final. According to this I can expect a 9.3 deltaT cpu-to-water at 2.4. The chart ends at 2.45 for the WW but I'm guessing 9.0-9.2 for the flow rate I'm looking at.

yawn - BAD psu mods. It's not done. I don't have energy/time to mod right now. Plus I'm waiting to see what christmas entails, probably a tec gpu block and fan controller... The middle fan was removied from the psu and rear exhaust changed to intake. The metal housing actually heats up so I'm going to add the fan back later. I'd show you what it's like installed in the case with the mobo and everything but the bios corrupted and I'm trying to get the board working again after a TON of errors caused by something that I don't know what. It will be pretty though, I gaurentee that. More psu mods to come eventually, like when I feel like setting up the second psu.... I promise I'll clean that up a little, it's no bit-tech but it does look good as is in case and will be rocking when I'm done. (It's upside-down in the last pic).

IMG2.JPG

IMG3.JPG

IMG4.JPG

IMG5.JPG

IMg6.JPG

phase 1 is complete, kinda

IMG_010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

I want to make the leftmost bend smaller but cf-70 is too stiff. I also want to replace the tubing between pump/rad and gpu/nb as it's old and dis-colored. I also have to clean up the psu, alot. There's also my secret mobo mod that I have yet to impliment...

Side on:
IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

Any guesses what I'm doing below?

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

Next phase consists of optical drive mods, cleaning up psu, mobo mod, metalworking, and scouting for some powdercoating.

comments/suggestions/nit-picks/flames?

Last edited:
Back