• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Retail AMD64 Socket 939

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gustav

Does this
CPU come with a heatsink? Does the heatsink have a fan on it? I need to know, ordering for a friend, he won't OC i just need to make sure it will be ok for stock, otherwise i gota order him a heatsink.

I would like to if I had the money, but I don't :(. But if you read my first post this is for a friend. he has a 2000+, 128mb of ram....some crappy vid card, he wants to upgrade but doesn't know anything about current technology so I told him the stuff to get, I just wasn't sure if AMD Retail included a HSF.

The system included the cpu linked to, the asus mobo for it, 1gb pqi turbo ram (2-2-2-5, tccd), x800 xt (agp ver.), raptor hdd, audigy 2 zs...blah blah blah....its gona be about $1700 shipped to his house, not bad for a totally new rig (only thing he is re-using is over 1TB in drives for storage)

Cool yea I hear that sometimes I have to read up on intel myself so I can help friend's out. I'am sure he will enjoy a 939 setup as I know I would.

Back