• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing BFG nvidia Geforce 6800 GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jls1986

i just got the bfg 6800 gt which already comes overclocked a little bit, but i want to overclock it some more. i installed coolbits 2 into the registry to OC, then went to the temp control thing in the nvidia control panel and noticed the temp at the stock OC was 55 degrees celsius. i thought the temp might be high but im not sure. so because of the high temp i only turned the core mhz up a little bit from 370 to 380, then went into aquamark 3, and my score went down. what is the problem. can i please get some tips on ocing and getting the most out of my video card that i can? thanks for any help

first of all, temps are normal for that card. My BFG 6800 Ultra, which is at 425mhz stock, is at like 50* with a 120mm fan blowing right on it. Without that fan its at like 75*, and thats normal. For ocing, just as long as aquamark doesnt get artifacts your fine. As soon as you get artifacts, put it down to the highest setting where you didnt get any, then run 3dmark03 and 3dmark01, and if you dont get any your set. Might want to put it down 2 or 1 and a half notches, but you should be safe. aquamark doesnt always represent your fps in games, so you will get better preformance the hi9gher your card is clocked.

Back