• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHOOPS! My 5900se is terrible at ocin, and Flash gone bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buhammot

Well, I cant do much above stock without it freezing for a lil while, or coolbits telling me stupid stuff. But I was changing some video BIOS settings which is bad for these reasons. 1) I was using a new program to me, and 2) I dont have a PCI card on hand.

Well, lets just say that it didnt like one of the flashes that I fed it... so... I was lookin at a blinking LED on my monitor. I rebooted again and went from memory, all the commands needed to flash it to a bios that I know is valid. Phew! Got it back up and runnin, tho I think i will just stick with my crappy card till i get some money. Plus, if I get the job at Best Buy, I may be able to get a sweet discount! :p

I had a flash go wrong on my previous FX5900se which killed it. Good thing a friend was selling his old 5900se cheap :) .

Phoenix87 said:
I had a flash go wrong on my previous FX5900se which killed it. Good thing a friend was selling his old 5900se cheap :) .

Have you learnt your lesson of not flashing a SE to a 5950U?

Back